What does your screenname mean?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tim, Feb 10, 2009.

1. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

So then, you didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

2. Code

Code Member

My name is Cody, I write code for a living, and apparently I don't have a very good imagination ; ::)

3. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

It means I am Hawaiian but it doesn't necessarily mean I can dance the hula. :-[ ; Not in public anyway... :)

4. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Haunteddoc ---> ; Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride. ; Yes I am a doc, ER doc as a matter of fact, and I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express. ; My wife hates my screen name especially when I tell everyone at church.

5. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Ok, maybe I'm just a little out of the loop here, but the whole Holiday Inn Express thing is going right over my head.

What gives?

Boris

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

They used to do a commercial with a guy that jumped in and saved someone's life, and then was asked are you a doctor? ; his reply was No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ; Silly, but funny still at times.

7. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Ahh, I see.

My TV reference is the old soap opera guy who was hawking tylenol or some such remedy, and he said: "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV" ; while wearing a starched white coat. ; Made me wanna run right out and buy tylenol...

Boris

8. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Well, if the reference isn't familiar to you, then my guess is that you're either not American, or not a TV watcher.

The line comes from a series of TV commercials for Holiday Inn Express with the theme "Stay Smart". In these ads, people attempt highly technical professions like doctor, lawyer, etc, and when asked, they admit, "No, I'm not a doctor. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

See some of the commercials here:
    http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/e ... tvcom.html

9. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

American? ; Yes.

TV watcher? ; Very rarely. ; That's what the 'net is for!

Regards,

Boris

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Since I was asked recently on another board, I thought I would chime in on my own Screen Name...

RedOctober = One of my favorite movies (the scene of the Submarine breaching the water still gets me)

25 = my age at the time I got my yahoo email address. ; the year previous it was Redoctober24 and should have been Redoctober26 the year after, but I got lazy and decided it was too much hassle to change my e-mail address every single year.

11. dishippy

dishippy Member

DisHippy
    Dis = short for Disney of course.
    Hippy = I love being outside and I have been refered to as a millenium hippy. (Hippy who has a job and takes showers and what not) ; ;D

12. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to the forums DisHippy!

13. Paul

Paul Member

Welcome DisHippy

14. dishippy

dishippy Member

Thank you very much. I'm kind of new to forums so it may take me a minute to get up to speed. ; :)

15. ColleenG

ColleenG Member

So my user name is not very exciting either. ; Colleen is my first name and G is my last name initial. ; I'm on the DisBoards as the same name. ; I see some familiar people over here too. ;

16. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Welcome, Colleen. ; We look forward to sharing posts with you. ; Thanks for joining.

17. grumpythis

grumpythis Member

grumpythis= my wife telles me I`m grumpy all the time and that I have a bad attitude :eek:

18. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to the forums grumpythis!

19. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Yes, welcome to the forums grumpythis!

20. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

Might as well chime in here. I signed up a few years ago but dropped off because I was just on too many boards. (anyone else have that problem? ;) ) I shoot fireworks and also part of a hobbiest group where I can persue my passion to make rockets - hence my name. Nothing special....

I shoot corporate stuff but also a mess-o-pictures during weekends and evenings. It's one of the passions that I share with my son.

Good to be back.