The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Tim, Aug 1, 2011.

1. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Great shot Tim!!

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool!!!

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

The Haunted Mansion (in-camera HDR)

[​IMG]

I had the pleasure of trying out my new Canon G1x point and shoot camera while in Walt Disney World last week and was especially interested in the HDR function of the camera. ; I am not really a fan of HDR (high dynamic range) as it tends to get over done and quite often looks... garish. ; What the Canon G1x does (and this is not especially new as other cameras have this function) is brackets three exposures then merges and blends them together to get the best possible exposure with respect to detail in both the shadows AND highlights.

I processed the image in Adobe Photoshop CS5 to look a bit more dramatic and ominous and desaturated a lot of the colors, while leaving others nice and vivid. ; Finally a bit of sharpening and contrast were added to finish things up.

Technical Details: ; Canon G1x, 1/100 sec, f/5.6, ISO 100
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion
    Photo taken 3/31/2012.
    ;
    The Haunted Mansion, Liberty Square, Walt Disney World

4. Tim

The Liberty Belle

[​IMG]

The beautiful and iconic Liberty Belle sits at the Liberty Square dock while taking on passengers for yet another scenic trip around the Rivers of America. ; This picture was taken shortly after it finished raining and the sky cleared up, giving a soft fill-light over the whole scene. ; A little Photoshop to pop the shadows and boost the color was all it took. ; This is a scene that will always relax and inspire me, especially after a gut-busting meal at the Liberty Tree Tavern!
    ;
    ; ;
    Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, 1/250 sec, f/5.6, ISO 100
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion, Boost
    Photo taken 3/31/2012.
    The Liberty Belle, Liberty Square, Magic Kingdom

5. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Like these shots Tim!

6. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Fantastic shot of the Liberty Belle Tim. ; :eek:

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Love these Tim! ; Especially the Liberty Belle!

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots of these two during the day!

9. Tim

Devine

[​IMG]

We had the opportunity to check out an extended viewing of Devine last time we were at Disney's Animal Kingdom. ; Many of you who are unfamiliar with Devine might have walked right by her and didn't even notice, as she usually quietly hides in the trees and flowers at Animal Kingdom and chatches unsuspecting park Guests by surprise. ; Devine is amazingly talented and should not be bypassed.
    ;
    ; ;
    Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Sigma 50-500 OS, 1/300 sec, f/6.3, ISO 4000
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion, Boost, vignette, noise reduction, contast
    Photo taken 4/2/2012.
    Devine, Disney's Animal Kingdom

10. ELinder

ELinder Member

Nice. Not once in all my times at Animal Kingdom did I get a picture of her. How did you like that new Canon G1X?

Erich

11. Tim

The G1x handles very nicely and has awesome image quality. ; The Haunted Mansion pic from several posts above this one was from the G1x using the HDR mode. ; It has a nearly instant shutter release which is nice for a P&S. ; Once I get a chance to play with it more, I will do a comprehensive review. ;

The pics of Howie in the "most interesting man" thread from a few days ago were from the G1x... ; it has amazing exposure especially when using fill flash in sunlight. ;

12. Tim

IllumiNations!

[​IMG]

As we were passing through World Showcase Lagoon during a trip to Epcot last week, we stopped and had dinner at the Lotus Blossom just prior to IllumiNations. ; I wandered out into the promenade and had the good fortune of finding a spot on the railing just to the right of the gift kiosk where they sell the umbrellas and other items. ; The view from that location produced a fantastic viewing angle in which I was able to make this photograph. ; Sometimes, I just get lucky.
    ; ;
    Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 10 sec, f/8, ISO 200
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion, Boost
    Photo taken 4/1/2012.
    IllumiNations, World Showcase, Epcot

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice, one never knows what one might come across when wandering, but a spot at the railing just before the show is a scoop!

14. Tim

A DIFFERENT KIND OF FAMILY PORTRAIT

[​IMG]

Just something a little bit different for today!
    Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 1/400 sec, f/5.6, ISO 100
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion, Custom Topaz Adjust Blend
    Photo taken 4/5/2012.
    Downtown Disney Marketplace, Walt Disney World
    ;​

15. Tim

EPCOT MONORAIL

[​IMG]

Monorail Silver passes by Spaceship Earth on approach to the Epcot Monorail Platform. ; I waited for this photo, taken from over near Ellen's Energy Adventure, near a grassy hill in the eastern side of Future World for several minutes will while Ryan slept in the stroller and Karen and Billy rode Test Track. ; I really like the angle of the Monorail approach with Spaceship Earth providing the perfect background to complete the image. ; Post-processing includes a custom blend of Topaz Adjust with contrast enhancements and a subtle vignette. ;

Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Sigma 50-500 OS, 1/500 sec, f/5.0, ISO 100
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion, Custom Topaz Adjust Blend, with contrast enhacement and vignette
    Photo taken 4/7/2012.

16. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Yep, you cant go wrong with a monorail shot and SSE as the background, very nice!

17. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Like the tight crop on this one, Tim.

18. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Tim - For some reason I am unable to quote your Illuminations photo, not sure what the reason is. Anyway, in regards to that post, I just wanted to say.... ; Since when have we started spelling lucky - S•K•I•L•L. Great Shot! ; ;)

19. Tim

LIGHTS, MOTORS, ACTION FINALE!

[​IMG]
    ; The hero car narrowly makes its daring escape after jumping through a ball of fire in the climax of the Lights, Motors, Action! stunt show at Disney' Hollywood Studios. ; I shot this image using a Canon 5dMk2 (full-frame) with the Canon 17-40 L wide angle lens. ; I was trying to shoot this scene in a way that is atypical of the way most people tend to shoot it, tightly cropped in on the hero car. ; I chose to focus (no pun intended) on the entire scene, and by going wide I was able to capture almost the entire stage and many of the reflections in the glass from the roof of the control booth. ; Finally, a healthy dose of Topaz Adjust was applied to complete the image.
    ;
    Technical Details: ; Canon 5dMk2, Canon 17-40 L, 1/250 sec, f/8, ISO 100
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion, Custom Topaz Adjust Blend, with contrast enhacement and vignette
    Photo taken 4/4/2012.
    Lights, Motors, Action!, Streets of America, Disney's Hollywood Studios

20. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Totally dig the reflection! ; I was wondering where it was from, thinking it was water, but then read on and found out. ; Very cool.