The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Tim, Aug 1, 2011.

1. goofmick

goofmick Member

Nice shot. ; Haven't seen BLT from that angle.

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

TMIP POTD - 8/23/2011 - Jedi Training Academy

August 23, 2011 - Jedi Training Academy

[​IMG]

My son, Billy (5), takes on the forces of evil by engaging Darth Maul in a lightsaber duel at the Jedi Training Academy. ; Post processing includes adding a lightsaber glow to the plastic training lightsabers for a touch of realism along with a frame.
    Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4L, 1/160 sec, f/7.1, ISO 200
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5, RAW conversion, Lightsaber glow, frame
    Photo taken 8/21/2011.

Disney's Hollywood Studios, Echo Lake Area, Star Tours Jedi Training Academy

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I like it a lot. ; I REALLY like how you worked the frame "behind" Darth Mauls head.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I was liking that too! ; I wish I new how to make a border/frame like that with Elements! ;

Hey Tim, when I was there last month and watched this show for the first (and second) time, they were on the stage the whole time. ; Is it also common to be out in front as well?

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

John, during especially busy times, they'll add a second Jedi master and villain out front to double the capacity.

Three nice shots, Tim.

6. Tim

TMIP POTD - 8/24/2011 - Wilderness Lodge

AUGUST 24, 2011 - Wilderness Lodge

[​IMG]

A few nights ago, we took the kids to the Wilderness Lodge for the bonfire and movie under the stars as we were feeling a bit "parked out". ; After the kids crashed and burned, my buddy Jeff and I met up for some nighttime photography. ; Here is one of the shots that I snapped that night. ; In addition to the standard "postcard shot", I was also trying to capture something a bit different and not as often seen. ; I then gave it a bit of Topaz Adjust to make the details really pop! ; The Wilderness Lodge really is a fantastic place, teeming with details and landscaping that will keep any travel photographer busy.

Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4L, 10 sec, f/8, ISO 400, -1 EV
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5, RAW conversion, HDR Pop using Topaz Adjust & Denoise
    Photo taken 8/20/2011.

Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge Resort

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice Tim. ; I have only been there at night to take photos once, and was not happy with my results. ; Again, I love the border/frame!

8. PolynesianMedic

Looks great! ; That was fun, I can't wait to go and do it again. ; We should make a habit out of that when you are here, and hit all of the resorts.

9. ddindy

The color balance on those night shots is perfect, Tim.

10. Tim

Thanks, all!

sent from my htc thunderbolt ;

11. Tim

TMIP POTD - 8/26/2011 - Monorail Silver

AUGUST 26, 2011 - Monorail Silver
    [​IMG]

This cool shot of Monorail Silver was taken from the 7th floor of the Contemporary Resort and treated with a custom Frame within a Frame action that I wrote in Photoshop. ; What do you think? ; Leave comments below!

Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Sigma 50-500 OS, 1/320 sec, f/6.3, ISO 100
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5, RAW conversion, Frame within a Frame Custom Action
    Photo taken 8/17/2011.

Walt Disney World, Disney's Contemporary Resort

12. ddindy

Really nice idea. ; The angled frame and the zoom blur in the background makes it unique.

13. PolynesianMedic

I like this a lot. ; You could do this with any of the monorail colors, and make that area outside the small frame the color of the train. ; Could be an interesting project.

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Really like the effect too! ; Make me really want to learn more about post processing! ; Nice one Tim!

15. goofmick

goofmick Member

Dude, I think that is really cool! ; I like it!

16. Tim

AUGUST 29, 2011 - Big Thunder Mountain

AUGUST 29, 2011 - Big Thunder Mountain

[​IMG]

As requested by Jules, the coolest cast member in WDW Recreation. ; Thanks again for making my kids so happy; you rock!
    Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 1/500 sec, f/5.6, ISO 100
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5, RAW conversion, Actions - 60 second WOW, S-curve, vignette
    Photo taken 8/22/2011.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Frontierland, Magic Kingdom

17. Chris B

Chris B Member

Great stuff Tim. ; Wow!

Where were you standing when you took this photo? ; Thanks for sharing.

18. PolynesianMedic

That is a great shot! ; Thanks for sharing. ; Jules was pretty cool! ;)

19. Tim

actually, i was sitting! ; ;D

20. PolynesianMedic

Had to be at Chef Mickey's