PIXELMANIA 2012 MEET SUGGESTIONS

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by gary, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mSummers

mSummers Member

I just checked and they have space available for the lunch package Friday 12/7 at 11:45 and 11:50. ; I'm shocked they aren't booked solid.

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Id be fine with that, sign me up (I might have a plus two and would know tomorrow). ; Next question, does that have to be paid upfront or just held with credit card (per new premium dining rules)?

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I took would be in for that, both me and Mom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

I believe the tickets are just held with a credit card. ; I'll have to check on the cancelation policy

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Are we any closer to a "semi-official" schedule? ; Just wondering...

Sent from my iPhone...

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

NICE! ; I'll definitely be visiting that next month. ; I'm still trying to work out which days I'm headed up in September - probably vicinity of Sep 20-25ish...still waiting on a friend to determine if he can extend a business trip in Orlando into a Disney trip.

And maybe now we have an alternate meet idea for Pixelmania?! ; There's probably enough DVC members attending to each get a guest in - we could probably get a decent group. ; I'd certainly consider it as an idea on MVMCP night, if there's anyone else not attending like me.

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Justin, that's an excellent alternate meet idea. ; Better yet, if they don't prohibit tripods, you could get some neat fireworks shots from up there with the perimeter shells

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Ive taken my tripod up every time Ive stayed there. ; You just have to get there early enough to get a spot along the wall (or on he corner).

10. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I shot up there once with Tim and we both had our tripods with no problems. ; I would love to do this, now I have a possible alternate plan, as the ONLY reason I was going to do the MVMCP was to go and shoot the new Fantasyland. ; Sorry guys, I am partial to MNSSHP. ;)

11. Being as this is my first Pixelmania I figured I'd go with the flow. ; 8) My latest decision is whether or not to do MVMCP. The catch is that tickets, once you commit, are non refundable. The other hitch is that at a certain date the tickets become sold out so you kind of have to commit in advance. I'm still not sure about having to cancel this trip at the last minute due to work considerations. I was thinking that having a back up plan would be great, so this BLT lounge thing sounds like a winner to me. The only problem is I'm not DVC so I'd have to tag along. ; :)

Personally speaking, I would love to get perimeter shots of the fireworks for MVMCP, especially with a little Space Mountain action. No matter which way you slice it, it's a win win, but I'll have to make decisions before the critical dates are reached. Hopefully we'll have a plan in place and an alternate idea and then the planing can begin.

So put me in for a vote for BLT as an alternate plan.... if it shapes up that way.

Thanks everybody!
    ~Joanie

12. Oh bother said Pooh! Well not really... My schedule has cleared up and now I have to decide whether to do the MVMCP with Y'all or follow the alternate plan. (um... there's an alternate plan....right??)

So tell me this... is there an agenda or basic plan for what the Pixelmaniacs would be doing at the Christmas party? Would we be setting up 'en-mass" just north of the flag pole with a wall of tripods to photograph the parade coming towards us on main street?

Or will we be reeling around in a hot chocolate and cookie induced diabetic coma after we have given up on the 3 hour line to pose with the 7 dwarfs?

43 days! 43 days until Pixelmaniac time!!!

~Joanie

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It's usually a shoot of the parade(s) and fireworks with a possible stage show thrown in. ; As for being a sold out MVMCP, it probably will not be. ; Especially since it is on a thursday early in the season. ; Even though the Pop Warner teams and cheerleaders will be there, they usually (and I say usually) dont have the extra money per person to attend the party. ; Myself, i am also attending the party the sunday before PM2K12, so it depends on if I get all the shots I want to get that night or if I want the second night. ; But as of now, it looks like I will be at the Top of the World shooting the perimeter.

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It's usually a shoot of the parade(s) and fireworks with a possible stage show thrown in. ; As for being a sold out MVMCP, it probably will not be. ; Especially since it is on a thursday early in the season. ; Even though the Pop Warner teams and cheerleaders will be there, they usually (and I say usually) dont have the extra money per person to attend the party. ; Myself, i am also attending the party the sunday before PM2K12, so it depends on if I get all the shots I want to get that night or if I want the second night. ; But as of now, it looks like I will be at the Top of the World shooting the perimeter.

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Oh, and the seven dwarfs meet and greet is usually during the halloween party, not the christmas party. ; I beleve the snow prince is by her side at the christmas party.

16. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

I like BLT as an alternate as well. ; Would have to get there early.

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

My guess is that we would head over after the park closes at 7pm and hang out at the lounge. ; I dont know how much busier the lounge is now that it has opened up for all dvc members, but remember, it is a thursday night... And epcot is open extra late.

18. zackiedawg

I don't think it'll be too bad/crowded - and if we're just hanging out there, there's always the outdoor deck/viewing areas which have some benches on either side - worst-case scenario we could overflow to there and send someone in to get drinks. ; ;) ; The only thing is - if you're planning on the BLT, don't come too late - for the DVC open time, it's first-come first-serve until deemed full, so at some point they may be turning people away. ; I don't think everyone needs to be there at 7pm, but the earlier the better.

19. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

What time do they start letting members up? ; We also might want to start a tentative list of who might show up so we have enough members for the non-members.

Sent from my iPhone...

20. zackiedawg

I'm not sure of the official time - but I went up there in September probably around 6:30 - 6:45pm or so, and there were already people up there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.