PIXELMANIA 2012 MEET SUGGESTIONS

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by gary, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul

Paul Member

Is this the alternative to MVMCP? ; I really don't think I am interested in the party this year and was wondering if others will be skipping and if anyone had plans. Not a DVC member by the way.

Anyone have anything else planned? ; Still not 100% against going to the party if there is something new added this year, but I have not seen anything yet.

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Don't forget that Fantasyland opens on Dec. 6. ; Whether or not that's worth the price of MVMCP admission is your call.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

So far this seems to be the alternate idea for the party. ; I'm not likely going, so whatever the alternate plans are is what I'll be doing. ; I'll still be doing MK that day, and then maybe we'll do the BLT idea...maybe even something after that if anyone's up for it that night...there are always good displays at the resorts so we can pick any other resort to hit that night too.

We'll have to double check how many guests each DVCer can bring...I'm with DVC so count one of us!

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The info...

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

So probably one to one or one to two. ; And I'm DVC too.

Sent from my iPhone...

5. Well I took the leap and didn't lose any sleep! (Kinda stolen from One More Disney day, 2/29/12) I purchased tickets for the 12/6/12 MVMCP. I was driving myself crazy thinking that I really should wait and do this when the family was with me but then I realized that I would just be driving them insane, stopping every three seconds to take a carefully composed shot. The family and I can always do the party together later. It's best I get the Camera Monkey off of my back and go first with "The Pixel People" as my husband refers to y'all.

~Joanie

6. underh2odoc

underh2odoc Member

This is my first Pixelmania so I'm a little unclear on how this works. I'll be at WDW Dec 1 thru 9 with my family. We'll already have done Mickey's Christmas Party before Pixelmania starts but I may do it again with you. How do I connect with you folks, when do we meet and where? I need to start planning so my family know when I'll be with them and when I'll be away. I'll most likely skip the Candlelight processional. I've seen it before and not being religious I can take it or leave. We already have all our meal reservations because if you don't make them months in advance you can't get them. Other than that, I'd like to join you and learn from you. If anyone would care to educate me about how this works I'd appreciate it.

[​IMG]

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Do you have a smart phone? ; If you do and have a Twitter account you can follow @TMIP and @TMIP_Pixelmania. There will be updates sent out that way. ; If not there is a way to get updates as text messages, someone will have to explain that one as I am not sure.

Visit the site often as an official schedule will be released and it will give places an times for each of the meets. ;

Looking forward to meeting you in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Even without a smart phone, if you keep an eye on this site, all of the meet schedules will eventually be set in stone, and usually a printable flyer is made with the event schedule on it. ; All you have to do is show up at the meets/walks/events that you want to join at the scheduled time and place, and you'll meet everyone! ; You can partake as many or as few of the meets/walks as you want, and usually during any of the specialty events or shows, there are a few Pixelmaniacs who will form a small alternate group to go shoot something else...or you can just go on your own during that time.

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Do we have a more "tentative" schedule yet (being just a few weeks out)?

Sent from my iPhone...

10. underh2odoc

underh2odoc Member

Didn't respond sooner because I've been a little preoccupied the last few weeks, living in New York. Thanks for the info. I have a Twitter account and I'm following TMIP and TMIP-Pixelmania but still haven't seen a tentative schedule. I'm watching the forums on Tapatalk but the conversation goes on in so many that I may have missed it.

11. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.