Star Wars Weekends 2011

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by ddindy, Mar 30, 2011.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Glad it was good! ; Looking forward to seeing some of your shots!

2. gary

gary Member

practicing for pixelmania??

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Yeah - in October, you're going to need it. ; There had been complaints it had been too cold during the December Pixelmanias - well you all are going to get the complete, polar opposite of that - hot as the sun itself and humid as a steam shower - triple digit heat index the whole way through. ; No way anyone's going to be running from the Nemo show to Kilimanjaro full speed through a parade in less than 10 minutes this time!

4. gary

gary Member

pool break from 2-4

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

SWW are fantastic this year, and the new ride on Star Tours is AMAZING to say the least. ; We rode it 3 times on Sunday and although a scene might repeat, the others surrounding it make it a different experience each time. ; I think that they did an amazing job. ; I got a few interesting angle shots that I will post here in a bit.

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

So here is the shot I spoke of from an angle not many of us can get. ; Sorry about the reflection on the glass. ; I forgot to turn the polarizer.

[​IMG]

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Nice vantage point, Jeff. ; I'm going to have to ask if I can get up there in the handicapped loading area.

Here's the first of mine. ; You have to start off with a Mickey picture - it's the law.

[​IMG]

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice guys!

9. ddindy

Hyperspace Hoopla has partially changed from pop to classic rock. ; Here's Chewie as Kashyyyk's answer to Axl Rose.

[​IMG]

10. ddindy

A little eye candy to start the long weekend.

[​IMG]

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Really like that one Dennis! ; Nice shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. ddindy

Thanks, John.

Here's the Star Tours equivalent to those friendly TSA agents who you get to meet before you fly.

[​IMG]

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

When you say "eye candy"... You really mean just the eyes... ; Great shot though.

14. ddindy

That's really all you get with Zam. ; But you did give me an idea: ; I'll try to get a tight face-only shot next time.

Yeah, that's right, I'm flying down for a quick trip on weekend 4. ; Crazy, huh?

15. gary

gary Member

not really, or at least not to me anymore, i'm starting to do that, just booked 12/7/11-12/11/11 studio at saratoga, karen didn't want to go, and i really wanted my dose of mcvmcp, so i booked it. 4 day trips work well for me right now, i can take just 1 day off work, as i have 3 day weekends every week, and there is a 7:25 flight out of islip, puts me at the world via dme at 11:00 pm. and last flight back on sunday gives me until 3:30 pm for a park.

16. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Re: Star Wars Weekends 2011 Clone trooper in 3D

[​IMG]

Saw him walking by, going backstage I think, so I only had time for this quick snap.

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Really good one, the 3-D works real good in that!

18. ddindy

I'm continually amazed at how good those 3-D shots look, Roger.

Here are a few more from my May weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Love the shots Dennis!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Paul

Paul Member

Great shots Dennis, would love to make it to Star Wars weekend some year.