Star Wars Weekends 2011

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by ddindy, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'll be at Star Wars Weekend 1, May 20-22. ; Who else is going to one of the weekends?

[​IMG]

2. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

I wish! I have yet to make it to a star wars weekend.

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

OUTSTANDING, dennis.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

GREAT shot Dennis! ; I am going to take my son to at least one of the weekends, but seeing as we are so close, and he is a HUGE fan, I am sure that we will be at at least 2 of them. LOL!

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I'll be in town, but not sure if I'll make it to DHS or not during the weekend. ; I should, it's only a boat ride away....

6. ddindy

Thanks. ; SWW is definitely worth the effort. ; They provide backdrops for most of the meet & greets like this one, and the CMs really know how to pose in character.

More shots from last year can be seen in the Star Wars Weekends 2010 thread and in my Flickr group for May 2010.

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Dennis!

8. ddindy

Just two days before the festivities begin! ; In fact, for me and 499 of my close personal friends, it all starts at midnight Friday at the special limited attendance Star Tours meetup. ; Sleep deprivation, here I come!

9. PolynesianMedic

I'm sorry I missed this, although I will be stuck working when it happens anyway. ; I think that I am going to head over to the Studios on Sunday with my wife and son. ; Not sure if we are going to make it on Star Tours but we are certainly going to enjoy all of the rest of the events going on.

10. ddindy

Well, it's not like you HAVE to do Star Tours this weekend. ; :D ; Tweet me, I'll be around the Studios on Sunday.

11. Roger

Still haven't decided if I'll stop by the Studios on the weekend, already planning EMH for Monday night there....

12. ddindy

It will certainly be less crowded on Monday, but if you want to take in the weekend festivities, I'd recommend Sunday.

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Yet another season of SWW comes and will go without me attending. ; I really need to set aside the time (not as easy) and the money for this one year! ; Enjoy!

14. Roger

Hopefully! ; I'm not going to get to the hotel until late afternoon on Saturday, and Sunday is my only "free" day[nb]There is something at the Yacht Club on Sunday night I need to stop by at[/nb]. ; The rest of my time will be evenings during this workcation.

15. ELinder

ELinder Member

I'm going to be so busy the next few weeks, I doubt I'll get to this. :(

Erich

16. ddindy

The SWW stuff is going on later than usual this weekend, mostly due to the Star Tours reopening. ; Park hours are 8 am - midnight Friday through Sunday. ; SW character meet & greets are 8 am - 7:30 pm Friday, 9 am - 7 pm Saturday and Sunday. ; Hyperspace Hoopla is 8:45 pm Friday, 7:45 pm Saturday and Sunday.

More info is at StudiosCentral's SWW site.

17. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Have fun Dennis. ; Your sww character pics are always great.

18. PolynesianMedic

After finally making it to a SWW last year, this will be a do not miss event for me from now on. ; I had a blast, and I can't wait to get my son there this year. ; He will be beside himself.

19. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well I'll be there for SSW again, for the 5th year in a row...unfortunately. ; ;)

Actually, even though I'm not a Star Wars fan, it can still be interesting to walk through DHS when it's on - both for the CM characters' antics (even if I have no idea who many of the characters are), as well as for the characters in attendance!

20. ddindy

Just got back this afternoon. ; Rode Star Tours 11 times, took 2000 pix, kept hitting people in the head with the 70-200 2.8, almost melted in the heat, spent too little time sleeping. ; In other words, a fantastic trip.