F1 in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Roger, May 27, 2010.

1. ELinder

ELinder Member

Last I heard the old contracts were no longer valid. Was that all settled and signed?

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

3. ELinder

ELinder Member

... And that they can finish it on time, considering work was stopped for a while.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

They have 11 months to finish. ; It'll be done on time.

I think this deal will stick[nb]For at least 2 years[/nb], mainly because someone got their money.

5. ddindy

6. ELinder

ELinder Member

Strolling down memory lane lately, huh? :) I saw a couple of IMSA races at Lime Rock. Seeing the 962s there was mind blowing. At one, Al Holbert spun from pole position into Big Bend. Talk about a scramble!

I would think they will, they were at Indy for the F1 races.

Erich

7. ddindy

Yes, they were here for the Indy USGPs, but they lived in the TV booth on top of the grandstand. ; I think for practice they should have sent somone out trackside with a remote microphone. ; That is, if the stringent F1 rules would have allowed it.

I'm also privileged to have seen Al Holbert race. ; I have a shot of him in the paddock, probably at either Sears Point or Laguna Seca from when I worked out west in the late 80s.

8. ELinder

ELinder Member

My brother in law has relatives in the Austin area. He was talking to them (non-racing fans btw) and they mentioned scuttlebutt in the local papers of ticket prices in the range of $600!

Please tell me they don't know what they're talking about!

9. Roger

The people who reserved the right to purchase PSLs got a new survey, so maybe that's where it came from. ; That price sounds like the whole 3-day package to me. ; And of course if it is for the PSLs, we're talking covered grandstand seats at that price for one day. ; Uncovered and trackside ones would have to be cheaper.

/gonna go out in the 90 degree weather

10. ELinder

ELinder Member

PSLs? At Indy we sat in the grandstands opposite the pits, which was great. But for a real road coarse we were thinking of wandering trackside to see different parts of the track. If those are the grandstand prices, we won't have any choice but to do that!

11. Roger

Personal
    Seat
    License

It's the new trend....I think Art Modell started it in Baltimore with the Ravens....you have to buy a license for the seat in order to buy tickets for the seat. ; But where it really comes into play is that the PSL is supposed to be in effect for any event, so those with PSLs have first right to buy tickets.

12. ELinder

ELinder Member

Ugh! Don't mention Art Modell, the football team stealing so and so, to someone from Cleveland. :)

13. Roger

Okay an update. ; The $700 price was for the PSL tickets: For an entire year worth of events. ; Plus, the best seats in the house would be reserved for the PSL holders. ; My company is working on getting 250 tickets for just the F1 race (mostly to hand out to clients), and we're being quoted $250 each. ; This is for the full 3 day pass, including the post-race concert and bus pass so you don't have to worry about parking. ; The seats the CEO is looking at would be overlooking the finish line, and would see about 35% of the race, including the main incline and hairpin turn. ; The more expensive grandstands look over the remaining 65% of the track but would not include the finish line.

So it looks like the race tickets are looking around $250 for the grandstands - there are other stands setup along the far side of the track, and not including standing room only as well I'm sure.

14. ELinder

ELinder Member

Thanks for the update.

15. Roger

Tickets will be going on sale in "early summer".

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/tickets

My company is getting 250 tickets plus 18 VIP ones. ; Unfortunately they are for VICs (Very Important Customers). Soooo I won't be getting one.

16. gary

gary Member

well see, you need to get stepped up to another category, VIS, very important staff

17. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

Just a thought.. but what if you convinced Howie to join you for the event. ; He is after all is said and done - The most Interesting man on/in TMIP/The World.

If your company had this knowledge surely they would reconsider the whole VIP thing for you ; ;D

18. Roger

F1 in Jersey hasn't paid off Ecclestone yet it seems

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17738493

Oh of course...he's "unsure" if the "track" will be ready by next year. ; So maybe they will race in 2014. ;

(Last time he said this it was about Austin, and gee, the issue was the upfront fee)

19. ELinder

ELinder Member

It's his favorite pastime, casting doubt about an event in order to get them to do whatever it is he wants at the moment.

Erich

20. Roger

From their FB page: (I also got a survey from them)

Tickets are not for sale just yet, but be forewarned that 3-Day General Admission ticket prices for the F1 United States Grand Prix will be between $150-$600 depending on location.