BirdMania March 2022

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Dec 31, 2021.

1. This is a thread to post what our plans are for Birdmania... Directly after Birdmania, some of us are planning on heading up to Disney.

I'm posting this thread on here in case anybody is thinking about joining us.

Some of us are starting out in Boca Raton and doing the bird thing with @zackiedawg . Three other pixelmaniacs have a trip plan to Disney directly after bird mania ends. (Gary, Nancy and Joanie)

POST YOUR DATES IN A REPLY AND I'LL PUT THEM IN THIS THREAD

THE dates are from:
    (Joanie and Karl) Thursday March 3rd in Boca check out Monday March 7th at Boca and then drive to Disney. We'll Leave Orlando on Monday March 14th
    Staying at:
    Holiday Inn Express Boca Raton-West, an IHG Hotel
    8144 Glades Rd | Boca Raton, FL, 33434, US

On Sunday March 6th we'll be moving up to Cabana Bay and staying until the 14th. Karl flies home on Wednesday And I drive back on Monday the 14th.

Nancy and Michelle
    Staying at
    : Riverside March 2-9. We have our park reservations but we can just ‘park hop’ over to Epcot

Karen and Gary. gary flies to orlando thursday 3/3 drives south to boca raton, holiday inn express, bird mania friday 3/4 and saturday 3/5. sunday 3/6 gary leaves boca early, stops at 7 am to try for a ratatouille boarding group and picks karen up at 1030 at mco.

staying at boardwalk villas sunday to friday 3/11, but no park time friday, we have a 7:30 am flight home.

The goal in sharing our plans is to coordinate with each other concerning things like park reservations and dining reservations, to see if that matches up with what other people want to do together.

The first thing that we know we want to do is get together, most likely on Thursday at Epcot, to do dinner at the Biergarten or maybe lunch. We'll have to see what we can get.

@gary @Nancy AK

And perhaps @ddindy @mSummers

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  2. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

We’ll be at Riverside March 2-9. We have our park reservations but we can just ‘park hop’ over to Epcot

3. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

2 of us. Thank you

4. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Michele Stapleton

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Ooh - sign me up for the Boca bird meet...oh, wait...yeah, I'm already here.

jbwolffiv and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  6. I'll save this post for information about the Biergarten lunch ?/dinner ? on Thursday March 10th

Nancy AK likes this.
  7. gary

gary Member

karen and gary. gary flies to orlando thursday 3/3 drives south to boca raton, holiday inn express, bird mania friday 3/4 and saturday 3/5. sunday 3/6 gary leaves boca early, stops at 7 am to try for a ratatouille boarding group and picks karen up at 1030 at mco. staying at boardwalk villas sunday to friday 3/11, but no park time friday, we have a 7:30 am flight home. so biergarten lunch on thursday works better, or an early dinner, say 6 pm??

8. Some Disney Tourist Blog speculation on crowd levels;

"Following that, March 7-10, 2022 should offer a window of low crowds. This will be a great time to visit, and if you need a longer trip, you’d probably be okay adding March 6 or even March 11 to your trip. We realize this isn’t a full week, but there’s a reason for that.

Both Osceola and Orange County, Florida are scheduled to have their Spring Breaks March 14-18, 2022. In addition to that, both have a student holiday on March 11, 2022. That alone will make that week plus the weekends before and after pretty busy."

As always, take these thoughts on crowd levels with a grain of alcohol, or salt, or whatever does ya dirty.

Nancy AK likes this.
  9. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Mousesavers just sent out an email with hotel deal that had this warning:
    "The following holiday and spring break dates may have slightly higher rates: Feb. 19-21, March 4-5, 11-12, 14-19 and April 14-16."
    I'm not aware of any holidays in March, so the 4-5 is a mystery (unless people are going to WDW for a pre-Lent blowout).

Nancy AK and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  10. I have secured a reservation at the Biergarten for 1:40 pm on Thursday March 10th for 6 people. Karl will be flying out on Wednesday so we will have 1 open seat for any last minute Pixelmaniac slackers. (Peer pressure @ddindy )

Attention @Nancy AK . Please chime in and let us know if you And Michelle are interested and able to attend this lunch with us.

@ddindy Nom, Nom! It's the Biergarten!! Get some!!!

1.Joanie
    2. Karen
    3. Gary

Nancy AK likes this.
  11. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

12. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Sarry, I'm staying isolated until COVID evolves into a harmless bug.