WAI: Light Fixture Game

Discussion in 'Where Am I?' started by howeirdd, Feb 12, 2013.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

If not at Askerhus, how about another country. ; I'll take the queue for Visions of France for the next guess....

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

2. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Nope, not in Epcot! Any other guesses?

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Ok let's narrow it down. ; It has a DAK look to it. ;

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I know this is out there, but maybe Hall of Presidents?

5. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

YAK and YETI???

6. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Hmm, I guess it does have a slight AK look to it, but it actually isn't in AK. The light housing is a pretty distinct style, I think. Try to go around WS in your head and match the style of the housing with a country and you'll get warmer. A country that's not Akershus or France.

7. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Germany....Biergarten??

8. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

I can see why you'd think Germany since they have Tudor style buildings and the framing on the fixture does look a bit like that, but it's a little more ornate, don't you think?

9. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

okay- Italy then---you know those Italians.....can be very ornate......

10. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Haha actually, think ornater... ; ;D

11. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Eventually we will run out of countries ;) Morocco?

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Okay, so we've narrowed it down to MK or DHS... ; If it is linked to a WS country in style, I would bet that it rules out DHS. ; So if it is in the MK and possibly tied to Morocco, it might be in the Bazaar area around the magic carpet ride.

Sent from my iPhone...

13. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

I'd bet against it ruling out DHS, actually. I'll admit, you have to know a tiny bit of Disney trivia to make the connection, but it's there nonetheless!

I wonder far down the WS we'll get ...

14. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

The cue area of The Great Movie Ride????

15. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Haha are you asking or is that your final answer? ; :p

*drumroll*

You nailed it! I guess it wasn't obvious that the frames on the housing were Chinese and you'd have to at least know that the Great Movie Ride building is modeled after the Chinese theater. Good guess!

Ready for the next one?

Attached Files:

16. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

I will step down and give others a chance ( in other words I am clueless....must ponder...

It wasnt a guess- ;)--once you said dont rule out DHS- I googled Graumans etc and realized that the que there is VERY oranate...... :). and even found a website I hadnt visited before that showed the individual buildings that were the inspiration for the main street....Thanks for making me think outside the world --------showcase...

17. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

i can't help myself- Country Bear Jamboree....

18. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Haha I'm glad that it's making you think a little. My hope is that it'll make people look up every once in a while when they're at WDW! And also to stop looking at me weirdly for constantly photographing light fixtures when there's so much magic around me ; :-[

I'm gonna throw this out there - because I am almost always with my wife, she is afraid of many many things, one of them being Country Bear Jamboree, another being Tower of Terror, that kind of stuff. That said, I usually feel awful about leaving her to take pictures. For the most part, the light fixture pictures are when we're together, so nope, not Country Bear Jamboree ; :)

19. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Columbia Harbour House?

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

20. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Very nice! You got it! Let's kick it back up a notch, eh?

[attachimg=1]

Attached Files: