Who's going??? And when???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by highland3, Dec 8, 2006.

1. realfam

realfam Member

HI everyone!

With a little one on the way its hard to to make concrete plans for next year. ; We have already the DCL eastern for next Oct 11-18 and are planning head down in either June or July and use our DVC at either Saratoga Springs or Animal Kingdom. ; Maybe well do both in the one visit. ; Still tossing ideas around.

2. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Oh congrats on the little one!

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

We're heading to Orlando March 9-15.

First time flying out of Buffalo.
    Paid $995 for the 4 of us return during March break.
    Just need to watch for the dings from Southwest.

Now to find a place.

[​IMG]

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Boardwalk Villas: 1 Bedroom 5 nights. First stay as DVC'ers 'ites 'ians.
    [​IMG]

5. realfam

realfam Member

Good for you hamham.

We love flying from Buffalo. ; Once you cross the border the airport is much more relaxed than Pearson. ; I find it to be a much more pleasurable experience.
    Its seems your just a step in front of us. ; We'll be using our DVC for the first time when we book for Jun/July(probably July although we don't want to give up two cottage weekends in the summer).
    Great shot of the castle! ; We have had alot of trouble taking night shots with our Canon digital camera. ; We are starting to research buying a new one. ; I understand Nikon's are great for night and action shots.

6. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Once again I cannot take ; credit for the photo I trolled the net a found an image I liked.

I wanted to stay at AKL, our home resort.
    They didn't have a 1BRM for the 5 nights. They did have combo of night in a studio and 1 BRM ; but we don't want to change rooms.

We're doing the DVC thing of a Sunday arrival with a Friday departure.

This summer we hope to Drive down to WDW with a few days at Hilton Head on the way.

Now the question is: Do we buy Annual Passes or 10 day, park hopper water fun, Disney Quest etc, non ; expiry tickets?

AP is lookin' pretty good

[​IMG]

7. cassmat64

cassmat64 Member

We are leaving December 28 for our annual Florida trip. ; My husband is determined to stay 2 or 3 nights at the resort behind Epcot.

Last year was the first year we stayed on Disney Property, at The Contemporary, and it was nice, although way too expensive....

8. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

So excited...only 14 more days!!!!!

9. realfam

realfam Member

It's sounds like your doing actually what we plan to do with our DVC. ; Avoid the fri/sat stays. ; Were thinking for the summer sun-thur in AKL, fri/sat go out to the coast for 2 nights. ; Come back and stay sun-thur at SSR.
    You can get alot of nights with your points if your flexible and creative. ; Unforetunately, we had to bank this years, and wait until our new family addition arrives in jan to amke any firm travel arrangements.

Like the way you think.

Alex

10. Vicky_mommaX2

Vicky_mommaX2 Member

Hoping for Feb/08

11. 9 more sleeps and counting....... 12 more till the marathon.

12. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Sorcerer, hopefully the weather will be warmer by the time that you go. ; Cool enough that you can enjoy running, but warmer than it is. ; I heard there is a cold snap in Florida on the news this morning.

13. I am hoping for a high of 15c on race day, any warmer starts to cause issues. This way I can still run in shorts and no over heat. Last year it was about 30c.

The rest of the time I hope is over 20c. But hey, managing temps are part of the race.

I just want to get to the Finish line. What I am really looking forward to is my Lunch with an Imagineer.

14. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Lucky you aren't running this coming weekend, you might need snow gear instead of running gear ;D ; Ooops, forgot, a little cold weather never hurt anyone, especially if you are from Canada. ;D

Hope you have a great time and run a good race! ; Enjoy!!!

15. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Good Luck and have fun on your race Sorcerer. We'll have to talk when you get back.

16. In less than 48hrs I should be in FLA, I can't wait. ; ;D

17. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

Good Luck!

18. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Have a great run Sorcere Mickey!

19. WDW Donna

WDW Donna Member

Just booked yesterday - Polynesian November 9 - 14, 2008! All we have to do now is save like crazy! We don't intend to go back for a few years and wanted something different than the All Stars, since we couldn't agree on a moderate resort the Poly it is!

20. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

WDW Donna - We did a tour of the Polynesian while were were there in December. ; You and your family will love it. The pool is big, the white sand beach is gorgeous and there is enough activity to keep everyone busy. ; Good choice. ; We did take some photos so if you want to check you can visit our photos gallery.

http://www.disneymagic.ca/gallery/showg ... hp/cat/518