WAI: Light Fixture Game

Discussion in 'Where Am I?' started by howeirdd, Feb 12, 2013.

1. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

You guys have the most amazing guesses. I wanna be like you guys when I grow up, knowing all these different locations and spots that very well could have similar light fixtures. It's crazy! Great guesses, Tim and John, but Red gets this one. I gotta admit, I was trying to get a picture of that Hidden Mickey at the time and I didn't really look at the light fixture. Can you believe it?!?

Here's the Saturday edition of the Light Fixture Game, good luck, this should be an easy one!

[​IMG]

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Hallway/entryway of the Brown Derby. ; Drawings in upper right corner give it away. ; FYI, the only reason I knew the writers nook was because I went on a small hidden Mickey hunt on a previous trip and that was one of the ones I found.

Sent from my iPhone...

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

And honestly, I didn't start paying attention to light fixtures until this game started. ; Most of my guesses are based off of the theming around the lights. ; So keep them coming.

Sent from my iPhone...

4. thewuf

thewuf Member

Ditto Red... between Scott Kelby posting a lantern from Morocco on his blog one day and this thread, I feel like I need to shoot a bunch of light fixtures this December!!!

5. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Sorry I went mia for such a long time! It's been a bit busy and I've been looking for a light fixture since I think I'm running out ... guess it's time to go back ; ;D

Happy to hear that this game sheds light on the fixtures around WDW. Glad I could enlighten all of you with my obsession. Perhaps the illumination ... ok, I'll stop.

Let's go here!

[​IMG]

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So they look like they might be hanging above beds (due to the spacing and wallpaper design) so I will guess that they are in a guest room at the Grand Floridian.

Sent from my iPad

7. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

You've certainly got a knack for deducting the locations based on spacing and context, Red! You're right in that they're hanging over a bed, but it's not at the Grand Floridian. ; 8)

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

How about in the Contemporary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

9. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Hmmm, let's not go down the resort road and maybe head towards the parks? ; ;D

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Okay, not at a resort but still over a bed. ; Now to figure out where there are beds displayed throughout the kingdom. ; First stop (and total guess) how about Carousel of Progress. ; Do they show a bedroom in the modern scene?

Sent from my iPad

11. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Good guess, Red! I like your thought process. I once tried taking a picture in the CoP and my wife stopped me because it's not allowed and she's not in favor of breaking rules ;)

I don't think there's a bedroom in the modern scene either, I think it's a living room with grandma and junior playing the space game, the burning turkey in the smart kitchen, the uncle sitting on the couch, and Rover looking as young as ever ; ::)

12. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

I'm back folks!! Wow, has it really been over 6 months? o_O My sincerest apologies to anybody who might've been on the edge of their seat as to where the last WAI: Light Fixture was from (I imagine you've thrown away the chair by now). The last light fixtures are from the VISION House in Innoventions East at EPCOT. It's in the bedroom of the Monteverde parents!

And now, for my next trick, behold!

[​IMG]

Happy guessing!

13. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

I dont know where its at= but I am sure digging the paint treatment on ceiling. I am guessing somewhere in the Animal Kingdom....?

14. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I would be included to guess morocco.

15. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Right? I love that detail! You are correct in guessing the park :)

Morocco does have similar spots, now that I think about it ... good guess, but we're not in EPCOT anymore!

16. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Is it the shop in africa- across from Tusker House? I have never looked UP when I am in there...

17. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

This guess is awfully warm ...

18. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Lets see- if its on the same side of the street- we got some bathrooms there- and a quickservice food place too....

19. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

This is pretty much the answer, but if you've got the specific name of the space, then we've got a winner winner chicken dinner :D

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Tamu Tamu is the QS restaurant and I think Zwadi Traders is the gift shop.