Realfam's Live Trip report from WDW Jan27 to Feb4

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by realfam, Jan 28, 2009.

1. realfam

realfam Member

Hi there folks,

We are in WDW Resort and the weather is beautiful today!. ; We arrived yesterday afternoon to Saratoga Springs resort and we are staying in the Congress Park building facing DTD (great view). ; We flew from Buffalo with no problems what so ever. ; After checking in last night we headed off to DTD for dinner and to buy our Annual passes at guest relations. ; Yes, I said annual passes! ; We are very excited about that.
    Today we have spent the morning at the Springs pool (temperature mid 80's), having lunch in the condo. And then heading to Boardwalk for Welcome Home Wednesdays and from there over to Epcot for the remainder of the evening. ; I will try and post pics as time goes on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anyone recognise this?

[​IMG]

2. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

that sundae looks amazing.....hope you have an awesome time!

3. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Oh that is so mean...posting that photo of that sundae. ; Just make sure there are no milkshake photos. ; That is all I have wanted lately.

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

I like this "live" trip report. Keep up the great work Realfam & crew.

Here's what you're missing back home. 20 cm's of snow and the worst day of driving so far this winter in the Toronto area. With apologies to folks who have real winter.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. realfam

realfam Member

Its Thursaday mmorning and we've just returned from the High Rock Pool here at SSR. (Travelling with a baby your day starts really really early)...

Yesterday was awesome! ; Beauty weather. Made our way over to Boardwalk Dance Hall for Welcome ; Home Wednesdays and then proceeded to Epcot. ;
    There seems to be very few people here, at Epcot I was able to walk right on Test Track and Mission Space (which is unheard of, great for us though). ; With it being off season there is a number of areas under renovations. Japan, the big fountain by the Innovations building. ; We spent plenty of time in the Living Seas building, DD loves to watch fish. ; At dusk we moved over to England where we found a great spot with no one around to watch the Illuminations fireworks. ; Excellent!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love taking firework shots.....I'm starting to get a little bit better at them.
    For today, were unsure of what were goona do. ; I wanna go buy a book at the Viirgin store, maybe swim and hit MK or DHS this afternoon. ; (Love having the season ppass no rushing to the parks).

6. realfam

realfam Member

OMG!!! ; I feel so bad for you..... (well not really)...
    Enjoy the snow, makes it tough to BBQ, ; better there than here I say..

7. realfam

realfam Member

Today is friday and we checked out of SSR and checked into Animal Kingdom Villas today. ; It rain all morning, yuck! But by the time we got our keys at AKV the sun was starting to poke its head. ; Our room wasn't ready so we headed off to the Animal Kingdom park for the after. ; Once again there is hardly any one here. ; We walked right on and in to every attraction. (Gotta love that) ; I will add pics once I download them.
    After a great day at the park we went back to see if our room was ready. ; Sure enough it was, so we headed up to our room with bell services (they had our luggage). ; Opened the door and was greeted with this huge odour of smoke (the previous guests were smoking in the room very disqusting) ; The bell man said don't put anything away your not staying here with a baby. ; Which at first I was a little dissappointed since it had a great view of the pool area. ; He called down to the front desk, spoke to Mickey Mouse and before we knew it we were headed to our new room on the main savanah (outstanding view, can't wait to play with my DSLR from the balcony). ; The bell man apologised for the inconveince and wished us a magical stay. ; I love Disney service, which is probably why we are DVC members.
    Tomorrows plans are to head to Hollywood Studios (extended early hours opening at 8am, perfect for us with a baby)

8. realfam

realfam Member

Pics from Jan 30th

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. scratch

scratch Member

It's amazing how many guests still think they are above the rules of non-smoking!

I hope that Disney send the previous occupants a nice bill for the clean up!

Glad they gave you a great view in your new room!

10. beautiful pictures - great to read about your trip!

11. realfam

realfam Member

Its been a long day!!!!! ; We headed off to Hollywood Studios firest thing this morning after breakfast. ; Entered the gates at 9am to find out that they were hosting a cheer leading competition. ; Yipppie 1000's of teenage girls everywhere (shoot me). ; It ended up not that bad, we stay far away from whre they were. ; It was the first day we had to stand in a line since we arrived . ; Probably since it was saturday and every family member of each cheerleader was there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

People were all ready trying out for American Idol even though the attraction doesn't officially open until Feb. 14. ; We watched the Street Party (parade) at 4pm and to be honest we were extremely disappointed with it. We were amazed the Disney could put such a poor performance together. ; Everything about it sucked. ; They have everyone line the street like the parades. It starts like the parades, goes a little bit up the street and stops. ; Bunch of people dance, sing perform for 15 minutes or so. ; Unless your one of the lucky few that chose the perfest spot on the street. ; You ddn't see squat. ; Plus there was very few characters. ; I have never seen more children melt down mid day from dissapointment. ; Can't see this lasting long. ; Travel agents warn your customers to either find the perfect spot or tell them to not waste their time. Advise them to get in line for one of the busier atrraction while this is going on. ;
    Arriving back to the Animal Kingdom Lodge hungry as could be, we were able to weasle our way into Boma without a reservation. ; What an amazing dinner....yummy! ; Now that I'd recommend highly. ; I'm off for a swim and hot tub. ;

12. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Great shots. Are all of them with your DSLR?
    How do you find carrying it around all day, do you bring both lenses or just one?
    Has Rebbecca tried to clean the lens with her little fingers yet?

13. realfam

realfam Member

The pics are a combination of both cameras some point and shoot and some DSLR. ; Just having some snacks in our room right now while DD naps and DW is on the balcony taking some photos of the animals with the DSLR. ; I'll post some of them in a bit.
    We spent the morning at the Animal Kingdom Park. ; Rode Expedition Everest (took advantage of Disney's switch pass. ; Its where one parent stand in line, goes on the ride, come out and hands the pass to the second parent and they head right in like fast pass. ; Excellent idea for families with small children.)
    We also watched the Lion King show, ; absolutely outstanding. ; Highly recommend it. ; I think we are gonna hang around the lodge the rest of day and relax with the animals. ; I'll post some pics later.

14. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

The Lion King Show at AK is the best Broadway type entertainment in the parks. I never tire of seeing it.
    Can't wait to see Michelle's lens work.

[​IMG]

15. realfam

realfam Member

Downloading some more pics to share with you all. ; Had a lazy day. ; Went off to Animal Kingdom and hung around the pool the rest of the day.

Heres some pics from yesterday and today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Love the shot of the zebra on its back.
    What's the giraffe smoking?

17. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

thanks for shareing ........

18. was that a picture of your little one holding a real turkey leg (not a superimposed one)?

Lion King is fantastic, isn't it? ; My hubby's been chosen to be the warthog as part of the warm up act on 2 different ocassions. ; He LOVED the attention. The whole show is fantastic!

19. scratch

scratch Member

Too Cute!

That Emu, I mean Turkey Leg is almost as big as she is! ; Would have been funnier if she hit DeeVee Cee over the head with it! ; ;) ; LOL

20. realfam

realfam Member

Ours DD doesn't like a soother, she much prefers chewing on a turkey leg just before nap time. ; Works well.!!!!!!

I think we may head to Epcot today. ; Its our wedding anniversary, so we have our buttons already to wear! ; I think we may eat dinner in Mexico.

It gonna be a cool day with possible rain. Yuck,