POTD - Epcot

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by ddindy, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Nice shot!! ; Grew some Ghost Peppers this year at home which was the hottest pepper in the world until recently when the Bhut Jolokia took over the number one spot. ; Had made some salsa with the Ghost pepper not knowing how hot it was, found they at Lowe's!! ; Certainly lived up to it's reputation. ; Can't wait to try the Bhut.

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Nov. 17, 2012 marks the 30th anniversary of my first visit to Epcot. ; Over the last year or two I've been trying to duplicate a few of the shots from that day; I've posted many of them here or on Flickr. ; Here's my latest set, showing the UK pavilion in World Showcase.

[​IMG]
    Magnificent desolation

[​IMG]
    World Showcase west

The most obvious difference, as with most of these Then & Now shots, is the size of the trees. ; Now it's impossible to see most of the UK buildings other than the Rose & Crown. ; Of course, in 1982 the International Gateway and the Crescent Lake resort area did not exist, so there was no bridge betweek the UK and France.

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So was it just a walkway between UK and France at that time? ; And if you are listing differences then and now, the clouds look different too.

Sent from my iPhone...

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

And the Millennium torches weren't up yet either!

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

...and the Off Kilter stage and Millenium Village hadn't been built, and I think it's a different boat...

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Dennis, I love your shots of Epcot from 1982. ; I only visited once in the first 15 years and that was in 1988. ; I remember very little from that. ; It was not until the late 90's that I started to need to be there very often!

I think it was Jeff (Polynesian) that posted some shots of the Gardens in Canada back in the spring that inspired me to try some simliar stuff.

[​IMG]
    Canadian Flower by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Slow that was some of what the line was for!

12. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Those and a other LE merchandise stuff. ; I got Gary, Dave Kliment and myself t-shirts, too.

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Looking at the photo, I dont think I ever seen that name spelled that way. ; Was she a trapeze artist at heart?

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

15. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Along with a tummy full of LeCellier!

16. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Can't wait for pretzel sticks and cheddar cheese soup! ; Oh, and I hear the steak is pretty good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. The pretzel bread and cheese soup is the BEST! ; I make the soup at home all the time. ; We've got a local grocer that makes pretzel breadsticks daily. ; LC or bust!

18. mSummers

mSummers Member

I can't wait! ;

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

My wife makes the soup each year as well, great stuff!!

20. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.