POTD - Epcot

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by ddindy, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Very nice Jeff. ; Where were you standing?

2. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Thanks- just off to the side a bit along the rail trying to get the best angle on the sunset I could manage

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Love seeing all the F&G shots. ; I'm finally going to get back to Epcot for this, right on the final weekend. ; Haven't seen the F&G since 2006.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

View past an Odyssey.

[​IMG]

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Nice colors, Scott.

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great colors Scott! ; Looks like it was a nice sunset that night.

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

And to you, too, John.

Yep, that's about all you can say about this. ; Composition is eh but the golden hour was beautiful that night.

11. The colors are amazing and while the composition may not be the best ever - as a Disney nut it makes me really happy :)

12. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thanks, Katie, and welcome back!

13. zackiedawg

Funny, the composition is one of the things I really like about it - other than the bit of roof at the top, I really like how the double bumps of the raised walkway jut out over the water, and how the Mexico restaurant catches reflection in the water.

14. gary

gary Member

another vote here for the composition, maybe if it didn't have such golden light i might not like it as much, but i wouldn't have deleted this if it was one of my own, i'm with justin, it's got a kind of epcot symmetry about it, radical in a tubular kind of way, you know, out there, bonus points for the first person to place that movie dialogue

15. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

One of my background projects at WDW is to duplicate some of the shots I took back in November 1982. ; Here's a "then and now" comparison of the Mexico pavilion. ; Notice any differences?

November 1982

[​IMG]
    Mexico pavilion, 1982

February 2012

[​IMG]
    Mexican jungle

16. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  17. zackiedawg

Bull Durham, baby!

18. ELinder

ELinder Member

Dennis, as much as I like the lush landscaping Disney has, sometimes I think they go too far. This reminds me of old photos of the Haunted Mansion, where you could, well, actually see it properly.

Erich

19. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

That is cool to be able to do a "Then & Now". ; Amazing how much vegetation grew in there. ; Guess that keeps them from having to mow the grass.

20. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Last December it was raining up until a few minutes before Illuminations started. ; The smoke would just hang over the water after a long series of fireworks. ; I photographed this before it got too smokey.

[​IMG]
    Misty Illuminations by Scottwdw, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.