Mousefest 2008

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Sean&Karen, May 5, 2008.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Okay i know its months and months away .... but i had to ask...

Who is planning on going to Mousefest '08 ?

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Still far off indeed - but I've gone the past two years, so I'll certainly be considering it strongly again this year unless something comes up that conflicts.

Sometimes, I jump in last-minute - since I'm so close, I can decide a month or so ahead and as long as I can find a DVC studio somewhere, I'm in. I'd call it 80/20 that I'll be there!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i'll be getting there late but i do plan on being there. probably won't be able to get there until friday nite.

4. goofy101

goofy101 Member

If all goes well I will be there

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Dina and I should be there again too, to attend TMIP events

6. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I really hope I can go but I don't know. We haven't been in a few month so I'm not sure when we're goign down again.

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I'll be attending. I'll be arriving Wednesday around noon and leaving the following Tuesday evening. Hope to see a lot of TMIPers!

8. Kiki

Kiki Member

Don't know the details of it, but it sounds like fun.

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Click here: Mousefest website

The planning for 2008 has just begun for the group. Updates for 2008 will start to appear very soon. For all attending, the 180 day mark is coming up next week for dining reservations!

10. Kiki

Kiki Member

Oooohhh...I think I'm in!

11. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

It's cool Kiki - you might as well since you're right around the corner. Even if you don't do the whole official Mousefest event and registration, you can still come on out for the TMIP tours and events.

I have been the past two years, and it's alot of fun. I do the half-and-half version since I usually decide at the last minute how many days I can get off and where I can get my DVC booked - I usually don't make it to some of the bigger registered events and such - I go up there sort of on my own Disney vacation and get in on the TMIP photo events while there. It works out well - I can meet and hang out with fellow TMIPers and other photographers, yet still have free time to have my own Disney vacation too...especially useful if I'm up there with a friend or relative who doesn't want to do any of the Mousefest or TMIP stuff.

12. Kiki

Kiki Member

Sounds good zackiedawg. As soon as there is an itinerary it'll be easier to commit, but, you're right, it's no trouble to get there. I look forward to meeting some of the TMIP folks.

13. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I am SOOOOOO jealous of you both. I would love to just pop in on the parks or TMIP events at Mousefest, however with a teacher for a wife, this is almost impossible. Oh well, at least I have gotten to know you all here, and some day, will even get to meet more of you in person.

14. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Yeah, I'll be there, as always.
    I'll probably fly in on Wednesday morning and fly home on Monday evening.

15. meyernl

meyernl Member

I will be there. I am getting there Wednesday night and leaving Monday night and staying at Pop Century. I hope Tim has more fun photography meets.

I just got back from WDW on 6/2 after a week there with 18 family members celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary. Took 1,868 pictures while I was there. Still going through them but have deleted over 600 yucky ones. Here is one of my favorites from the butterfly exhibit at Epcot during the Flower and Garden Festival.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

16. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

That is a great shot Nikki!

17. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Hopefully I too will be able to get out to this one year & meet some of you guys. I have been @ WDW the last 3 years straight at this exact time frame & didn't even realize this was going on. Boy am I missing out. ???

18. meyernl

meyernl Member

Thanks! I got the D40 for shots of people but I am finding I like the nature stuff much better.

19. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

I'll be there again this year. Driving up on Thursday morning and leaving Monday evening. Looking forward to all of it again this year...except for the loss of sleep. :)

20. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

the mousefest 2008 stuff from TMIP should be taken care of very soon. looking forward to seeing you there.