Last 2 Shuttle flights delayed

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Roger, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Rats, I'll be at MVMCP on Nov. 16. ; At least I should be able to see it go up from MK.

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

It looks like the next shuttle launch has been postponed at least a day to November 2.

3. ELinder

ELinder Member

Yeah, we should hear more by the morning on the repair status.

And, if the other rocket launches get delayed any more, there may be one going up around Pixelmania time.

Erich

4. ELinder

ELinder Member

Well, that was a thoroughly frustrating experience. Multiple delays, and 2 scrubs. Both scrubs we were already on the bus driving to KSC. First time we went right back home, and the second time spent the day ; at the visitor center.

Currently, NASA says the launch will at the earliest be on Nov 30 At 4:05 AM, but this is very tentative. I may have 1 or 2 extra tickets for viewing at the NASA causeway available if anyone is arriving early for ; Pixelmania. It depends on if my cousin decides to try to fly back here from Germany to catch the launch, but I doubt he will. Let me know if you're interested.

Erich ;

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

That stinks!

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Erich, I might be interested, but I have to check my work schedule, I live in Clermont now.

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Since the earliest possible launch date is 11/30, maybe it will get delayed until during Pixelmania. ; Even though I can't go watch it at KSC, seeing it from WDW would be awesome.

8. ELinder

ELinder Member

The launch window on 11/30 is at 4:02 AM, and each subsequent day thru Dec 6th is about 25 minutes earlier, so plan on staying up real late or waking up ridiculously early.

On a selfish note, I hope they go on the first attempt. I have no desire to do multiple all nighters at KSC while trying to do Pixelmania events during the day!

Erich

9. gary

gary Member

what, you don't want to do without the recommended ; 2hrs of pixelmania rest time?? from 0230-0530

10. mSummers

mSummers Member

You mean we get a whole 3 hours?

I forgot that the launch window got earlier... I was thinking that it got later with each day. ; But yeah, if they launch while I'm down there, I will probably get up early to see it because I'm never going to get another chance to see the shuttle streak across the sky. ;

11. ELinder

ELinder Member

She's now got a launch date of no earlier than Dec 3rd at 2:51AM. Which means having to choose between Pixelmania Wishes/parade, and the launch. :(

Erich

12. Paul

Paul Member

this is getting interesting

13. mSummers

mSummers Member

I just checked the launch schedule and saw that it has been moved to no earlier than 12/17 at 8:51 p.m. EST

14. ELinder

ELinder Member

At this point it's anyone's guess. They're doing a bunch of analysis to make sure they don't have a big previously undiscovered problem.

Erich