I need my Disney fix!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by zackiedawg, Jun 25, 2008.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Booked January - 2-bedroom, Boardwalk view

I'm in for Saturday January 24, 2009 check in, 4-nights, and check out Wednesday, January 28.

Requested Boardwalk View, lobby level (which is the 2nd floor at the Boardwalk)...hoping to get lucky and land one of the marvelous HUUUUGE balcony rooms. The 3rd floor Boardwalk view level has a few larger balconies, that are open above so others can look down, and all the upper floors have just a small balcony barely big enough for a chair. But on the second floor, those rooms have fully covered balconies, with solid bulkheads on both sides, and are as big as the condo itself (no exaggeration...the last time I got one, the balcony measured the full length of the 1-bedroom condo...that's living room width plus bedroom width...and was 10 feet deep).

I'm happy at Boardwalk no matter what - but those rooms are just gravy!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

big pimpin' my man!

3. mPower

mPower Member

stayed at the boardwalk in April. LOVED it...something about falling asleep while looking at SSE is just too cool. The only bad part were the ppl on the busses from the swan and dolphin...they just did not have the Disney spirit! ;)

4. zackiedawg

Glad someone else noticed that! And while on the subject - there's just too many resorts on that one bus run! I actually get jealous waiting in a line of 300 as a park closes to get on my Boardwalk, Yacht, Beach, Swan, Dolphin bus...and watch the 8 people board the Old Key West bus!

The saving grace is that I only need the bus for 2 of the parks - MK and AK. For Epcot, it's a quick walk, and for HS, it's a long walk or a calm boat ride. And sometimes I cheat my way to AK or MK by jumping the boat to Hollywood Studios and catching the much-less-crowded park-to-park bus. It's a good trick coming back from AK too, when they close early.

And Fantasia minigolf is an easy walk from Boardwalk too...not to mention being it's own nightlife right on the boardwalk.

That's why Boardwalk is my home DVC resort!! It was the preview of that resort when they first built it that sucked me in to the DVC...the idea of having a huge condo attached to Epcot was like a fantasy dream come true!

5. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Boardwalk is slated as the next DVC resort we want to sample. Animal Kingdom Lodge is a close second

6. Tim

boardwalk is my fave resort... hands down.
    btw, the boardwalk bus services swan and dolphin but yacht and beach have their own service.

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Boardwalk inn is at the bottom of the list for me now.

8. zackiedawg

Did you have a bad experience there, Rog?

I've never stayed at the hotel side - only the DVC side. But being a big Epcot fan, proximity to that park puts Boardwalk on top of my list.

Hotel-wise, I love the design and grounds of the Wilderness Lodge and AK Lodge...and the landscaping, design, and ambiance of Port Orleans French Quarter for the moderates.

Just curious as to why Boardwalk's at the bottom of your list.

9. Roger

very very very very bad experience on the hotel side.

10. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

11. zackiedawg

I'm starting to tingle. Just a bit over a week! I just got some cool news that my cousin from New Jersey will be staying at the Swan for 2 weeks with her husband and kids...I usually only see them once a year when they visit South Florida during the holidays. They're Disney fanatics as well - they go to Disney twice a year, and stay in Disney hotels. Now I get the chance to bring them over to see my DVC condo and work the sales magic on them! There are perks to referring others. :)

I'm preparing for it to be hot...really hot. It's steaming African jungle hot down here, and we have a sea breeze...so I can only imagine what good old central Florida is feeling like. Lots of slow walking from air conditioned spot to air conditioned spot, and lots of frozen cocktails in Epcot!

12. zackiedawg

Tick tock tick tock...clockwatching not a good idea!

Boy do those clock hands move slow when you stare at them!

Yep...I'm clockwatching - 4 days...96 hours from right now...I'll be in my car and driving north on the Florida Turnpike, Disney bound and pedal down!

Still prepping myself for the heat. Only bringing one pair of pants, for one night out at Jiko - shorts for the rest of the trip.

Got $135 in Rewards points to use up there this trip, which will pay for either 4 days of drinks, lunches, a few dinners, and some minigolf...or 1 dinner at Jiko (well worth it though).

Looking forward to some sultry summer days and nights, slow walkin' and people-watching, in that Disney atmosphere!

13. Tim

cool beans... i am 8 days away from a "research trip" ;)

14. Roger

hahaha

I'm watching the clock too, but for different reasons! ;D

15. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

research?! NICE!

16. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

less than 30 days for me now too!!!!
    I cant wait!
    one pair of pants for me too, Jiko and california grill again. havent been to CG to eat in several years!

Roger, is currently pacing around in his office waiting for a confirmation email or peeking through blinds looking for brown trucks!!! ;D

17. Roger

Brown trucks? hahahah I have 3 walls and a windowed wall.

When I look through my blinds I see the cubicle of my payroll person. Sky? nope.

Coffee Mug? Nope, except sometimes I do want to wear suspenders and go walking around the office sipping out of one.

Red Stapler? Nope.

18. Tim

how many pieces of flare are you wearing?

19. Roger

No flair today. Which reminds me, I gotta get out here and go to Chotchkie's. At least I don't have to remember the covers to my TPS reports anymore.

20. zackiedawg

I've got two windows in my office...both narrow higher windows that don't have much of a view. I can see the roof of the 2-story office building next door, and the top half of the southern sky. Got the coffee mug and the red stapler too, coincidentally. No flair here though! Just got back from Baja Fresh myself. Ooh, over two hours have gone by now!

Tim...research trip, huh!? Sounds intruguing - can't wait to find out what the big secret negotiations/surprises are all about! Are we going to have a new TMIP ride at MK? I'm seeing dark tunnels with camera flashes, lots of animatronic chimps, and maybe a police chase at the end!?