I need my Disney fix!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by zackiedawg, Jun 25, 2008.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I feel like a Disney junkie - haven't been there since mid-March, which is highly unusual for me - I'm not usually away from the parks for more than 3 months...but I'm going to be pushing 4!

I'm trying to get my next few trips up there figured out - I'll be making up for this loss by going 4 more times before the end of the year.

First off, I'm trying to book a 4 night stay in late July/early August. Then I've got a business conference at Disney in mid-September which I'll tag on an extra 3-day stay for some vacation. In October, a friend from England is coming over, and I'll be looking to book a 2-bedroom condo for a 4-5 night stay in mid-October. And I'll be working on squeezing in a Mousefest stay of 4 nights as well.

Lots planned - none booked yet. Hopefully I'll get the summer trip booked in the next day or two.

Just updating in case anyone else happens to be up there any of the same times I am!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I am so Jealous! I wish I could be having this dilemma! The benefits of living in Florida I guess!

3. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

The same for me zackiedawg I need my fix. I haven't been there in like 3 or 4 months.

4. zackiedawg

Well get on over there then!! :)

I don't have the booking complete yet...but it looks most likely that I'll be heading up July 26-30.

Then my conference is on Sep 9 & 10 (Tues & Wed), so I'll likely take that Monday off and head up for the weekend on the 5th through the 10th.

October is still up in the air...it all depends on when my friend Helen can get her tickets for - and how long she wants to spend at Disney versus down here in Boca (she'll usually come over once a year for 7-10 days - we either take a cruise, hang out here, or go to Disney. I know going in the pool and suntanning at our beaches will take up at least some of the stay!).

I'll keep updating when I've got something firm.

5. zackiedawg

Aaah...that feels better...

Now I've got my fix scheduled!

I'll be headed up to WDW on Saturday morning, July 26, and staying at Saratoga Springs 1-bedroom condo for 4 nights, checking out and driving home July 30. Glad to have it booked!

Also, my work conference booking is party handled - Raymond James' home office has put me up Mon & Tues, Sep 8 & 9, in the Hilton across from Downtown Disney (which is nice, because I can still walk across the street to the Marketplace bus stop to get around using Disney transportation). Now I just need to book something for the Fri, Sat, & Sun nights before then. I'm leaning towards French Quarter because it's fairly cheap and I loved the grounds of that property when I was there in March (I don't want to use my DVC points for that little stay since I'm still planning a trip in October at a 2-bdrom and for December for Mousefest)...I see the Florida Resident specials are up with Caribbean Beach at $109, All Star at $69, and French Quarter at $125. I'm still hoping French Quarter or Riverside will drop to match Caribbean Beach - I just don't know if I can justify spending the extra change for a quick little 3-night stay...maybe just going All-Star would be best and save my money for another trip.

Anyway...if anyone's going to be in the WDW area between Jul 26-30, let me know!

6. zackiedawg

I'm at Disney July, Sep, & Dec now - BOOKED!

Finally got the rest of this year's Disney trips all booked. Yeah!

First, the July 26-30 trip, which couldn't be here soon enough. Got the 1-bedroom at Saratoga Springs for 3 of us.

Next, the September 5-10 trip - staying at Old Key West studio from the 5th and checking out the 9th, then checking into the Hilton for the night of the 9th. First 3 days are all for Disney fun - I'll be up there alone, and just enjoying me some Disney. 9th & 10th will be at a conference most of the day, with evenings maybe a stroll to Downtown Disney or one of the parks for extra hours.

Then, Mousefest which I've confirmed booking for Dec 12, 13, & 14, checking out the 15th, at Saratoga in a studio, with the night of the 11th waitlisted if it becomes available, and the whole 4-nights waitlisted at Boardwalk if THAT becomes available.

I should also have my big Family January trip booked by tomorrow - at our 2-bedroom condo on the Boardwalk for 4 nights the weekend after MLK weekend.

SO - if anyone's in the WDW area any of those times, just let me know and maybe we'll schedule to bump into eachother or hang out - or just a brief meet. I'm already going to give a heads-up to Kiki this July trip to see if we can meet up somewhere. I feel much better now - I've got a steady fix!

7. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Must be nice to actually be able to use your vacation time when you want

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

ohhhhhhh... TOO SOON!

9. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Ray are you suffering from PDD
    haha!

10. zackiedawg

Hey Ray...you've been to Disney more in the past 2 months than I have! ;)

Actually, I can't always make it work out with my vacation time and DVC availability - I have to be pretty flexible. I tend to target a range of 2 weeks or so that I'd like to go, and pick a backup plan, then see what is available at DVC within that time. Then I can hone it down to the 3 or 4 nights I'll actually be using. I wanted Boardwalk for all three of my upcoming trips this year, but couldn't get it for any of them!...I just take what I can get.

Tim...what's too soon? You can't be saying that it would be too soon to go to Disney - I know you wouldn't be saying that!! :) If I won the lottery, I'd move into a Boardwalk 2-bedroom condo full-time as my new home! ;D

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Re: I'm at Disney July, Sep, & Dec now - BOOKED!

I'm guessing I know what Tim was talking about.

12. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Not me. I had my eye on Trumps house for sale in Florida.

I could move into the Presidential suite in the Contemporary for 70 years for what it sold for. Trumps original asking price last year was well over 100 years in the suite!
    Yes, I know, I'm stupid, but thats what happens when you spend too much time in the sun down here!

13. Tim

it was an inside joke regarding ray's employment.

14. Grumpwurst

Let's just say that despite the fact the trip was booked in January before any of my current projects were a twinkle in my company's bookkeeper's eye, it ended up falling at the worst time possible. I may not get to take another day off until next summer :(

15. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

16. zackiedawg

Ouch.

I guess I don't have it too bad then! I definitely have pretty good flexibility at my job to take my 4 weeks of vacation whenever I want, as long as it isn't for more than 7 vacation days in a row. My greatest asset is that I have made myself my own department that I am completely in charge of and noone else in my branch can do it - so I am in-demand and can't be easily replaced. The downside is that it makes it hard for me to plan any large trips away since my division of the business has to essentially shut down while I'm away!

On the other hand - I was quite happy to hear the news that Disney dropped the Internet Access fee for DVC members when staying in a DVC home! That will help, as I can bring my work laptop and link up with my office while at Disney - so maybe they'll let me stay a little longer. :)

17. Grumpwurst

I'd gladly trade a maximum trip of 7 days with being able to go more often. Right now I take such long trips because it may be the only time I get off.

I offered to do that, but my employer nixed it because they knew I'd never leave my room. But Tim and I found that the internet connection in our OKW room was painfully slow. It took me 2-3 days to upload pictures to my flickr account that would take a couple hours at home (Disney may be throttling).

I'm getting an iPhone for the very reason that I missed a couple e-mails that if received when sent could've caused my return home to be less choppy

18. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

My dad is a minister so we can't usually be gone over the weekend. I really wish we could go on a long trip.

19. Tim

the download speed in the room was more than acceptable. i didn't try uploading so i am not sure about that but a few times the connection went wonky and we had to reboot the router. all in all i was satisifed with the service and delighted about the 'freebie'.

20. zackiedawg

Cool...good to know. I may bring my laptop in July, even though I don't really need it for this trip - just to test the speed and see how easy it is. It could come in handy in Sep when I'm up there on conference, and definitely on my January trip. I probably don't need the upload speed much - I'd only send e-mails and check my server. Besides, having the laptop along will give me an excuse to take more photos, since I can load them to the computer and clear the cards for more!