Heading to California

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by prettypixie, Jun 24, 2009.

1. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

11 more days until we leave - is it too early to start packing? ;D

2. Paul

Paul Member

not to early, my wife starts about then....don't want to forget about anything

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'm thinking about those DVCs out there. ; I must admit to being a little gun shy about California in general...last time I was there, my building fell down around me, which is what made me move in the first place. ; I always worry if I head back there, it'll be one of those 'final destination' things where I had escaped fate, and another quake tries to finish the job! ; :0

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Justin, I'm willing to bet that the Grand Californian is the safest place on property to be during the next EQ.

It was built with current codes, and unlike Florida, Disney doesn't own[nb]As in have basically 100% of the political control. ; Anaheim tried to go up against the Mouse a few years ago and got slapped down by M. Mouse. ; But that just shows you that they don't have complete control.[/nb] the building department.

5. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Four more days (95 hours) until we leave - I can hardly contain myself! I bought another 8 GB memory card for my Nikon D80. Has anyone ever actually taken more than 5,000 pics in a vacation?

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

I hate the last couple of days before a vacation... ; Its so hard to get any real work done... ;

I took over 9,000 over the course of a 5 day trip to Yellowstone back in January 2008. ;

7. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

WOW! Maybe I should buy another card... :D

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

You should be fine with what you have.

Because of the recent efforts by the animal rights folks to get access to the park during the winter completely banned, I took as many shots as possible because I had to assume at the time that it could be my only trip there in the winter. ; I took shots at every possible angle of just about everything, so I ended up deleting all but the best shot or two of each location. ; Since then it looks winter access to the park is somewhat safe since the judge ruled that the reduced number of snowmobile permits and guide requirements were working to reduce the human impact on the park. ;

9. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Have a Great time.

10. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Leaving in two days. Any last photo requests from the West coast?

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

The new LED Mickey balloons within a balloon......should look cool at night lit up.

12. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

I have not heard of those...I'll see what I can do.

13. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

We had an amazingly wonderful and exhausting trip. We just returned so I have not processed anything yet. I tried shooting RAW for the first time, so I'll share some of those when I get them ready. Until then, as requested, jpeg straight from the camera...sorry it's blurry. I did NOT take my tripod.

[​IMG]

14. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Home of the amazing "Pineapple and Teriyaki BEEF" burger...we do not have these resturaunts where we live.

[​IMG]

15. Paul

Paul Member

welcome back, looking forward to seeing your photos.

16. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

We stopped at a gas station in Flatonia, Texas and this was next door.

[​IMG]