and so it begins...

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Brother Jay, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I would try a wireless remote for the NEX-6 before you have to make that decision. There is no issue with RAW then.

2. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

I have tried the wifi app they include for free and I find the delay sucks. ; Is there another way of remote triggering this camera? ; I just confirmed that using the remote is taking jpg's only. ; What am I not understanding here?

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

There is a wireless IR remote you can use. You just have to set the shutter release mode to remote mode. I think the sensor is on the hand grip but it works well. You can get a third party brand for under $10. I'm still hoping that they will update the firmware for the new wired remote that came out for the latest generation.

4. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

Thanks for all the help everyone. ; I hope I am not being a bother will all these questions - most of which are may just seem silly to you all. ; I greatly appreciate all your ongoing help as I continue to try to wrap my head around everything I have learned, and continue to learn. ;

I cannot think of a better group of teachers. ;

Photography aside, thanks as well for all the help you have contributed towards the planning of my vacation. ;

Jay