Starbucks coming to Disney Parks (sorry Tim Horton)

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Paul, Apr 23, 2012.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I don't argue anymore - if it's in a waterproof cup and appears to be a black liquid without any addendums, I figure I've done well and try not to push my luck before someone comes along with some whipcream or chocolate and tries to ruin it.

2. gary

gary Member

how true, what was wrong with the word large, honestly, i'm not offended, you are not making me feel bad about being a supersizer, i just want the largest bucket of caffeine i can legally possess

3. zackiedawg

Exactly. ; Call it large. ; Call it a keg. ; Back up the tanker truck and give me the hose to drink from...I don't care. ; Just give me my caffeine!

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Yes, yes, yes! ; The one or two times I year I enter a $tarbuck$ for coffee, I ask for a large, black, house-blend. ; Hilarity ensues.

5. ELinder

ELinder Member

Oh man can I relate! :D I think there's more of us than admit it, because when I ask for a large, they don't blink twice any more. Of course, for all I know they're actually giving me a small and charging me the large price. 'Least, that's how my wallet sees it, anyway.

Erich

6. Tim

Well look at it this way, the most expensive coffee on the planet will have no problem blending right in with the new surroundings...

7. zackiedawg

You mean he'll get along with his buddies, the $9 burger and the $3 coke?

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Dont forget the $4 water...

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Looks like they just announced the first two Starbucks locations. ; At MK it will be at Main Street Bakery (closing for refurbishment in January) and at Epcot it will be at the Fountainview Cafe.

Sent from my iPhone...

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Taking out the bakery is such a crime, someone at Disney should lose their head! ; Just my 2 cents.

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I don't know if they are doing away with the bakery completely or just partially. ; Sounded as if the Starbucks would be carrying sandwiches and pastries like they do in their regular stores. ; So maybe. ; The other question would be if they will start piping French Mocha Latte scents out to the street instead of bread and cookies.

Sent from my iPhone...

12. Tim

I've had SB in my room the whole time this trip at the Dolphin. ; Starting to grow on me but I still prefer Timmy's. ;

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I dont mind the Starbucks (I too prefer Tim's) but I just wish they chose something else to replace. ; I hope you are correct Jeff! ; Maybe they end up moving the bakery to the ice cream or candy stores on the same side of Main Street.

14. HPS3

HPS3 Member

And why couldn't they use the Noodle Station area for this Starbucks? I've been going to MSB for a morning cinnamon roll for I don't know how long! That and the first smell of Main Street in the morning I will miss. They really should have started this in the hotels:-(

15. fotodave

fotodave Member

About damn time. ; I need my peppermint mocha.

16. Tim

They have cinnamon rolls and OUTSTANDING chocolate croissants at Gaston's Tavern in New Fantasyland. ;

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

18. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

In reading these older posts I noticed that this thread has gotten about 50% more attention than the one about the Lucasfilm acquisition. Seems our caffeine trumps our Star Wars... ; :eek:

19. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I think it it is a "Disney buys Lucasfilm, only great things will come of this." versus "Starbucks opening instead of Tim Horton's...OUTRAGEOUS!" type of thing. :)

Sent from my iPhone...

20. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Just wait until Disney incorporates Life Day with the holiday celebrations!!!!