Starbucks coming to Disney Parks (sorry Tim Horton)

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Paul, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Paul

Paul Member

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

That is awesome news.... ; if I actually liked Starbucks. ; Sigh.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

You'll need XPass just to get in. ; If there is anything that would be an instant moneymaker for the parks, it is this.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'd have loved to see a Tim's instead...but I can't complain. ; Starbucks will still be a step up over the heated swampwater and Sanka instant crystals.

5. Tim

Touche'

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

This just made me laugh!

7. gary

gary Member

oh this is wonderful news my nerves are all twitching in anticipation

8. Tim

Gary will be kept from going within a 500' radius of any and all Starbucks within the parks during Pixelmania. ; Tim Hortons in the room is ok, as it gives him time to burn some of it off whilst en route to the destination du jour. ;

9. Roger

I wonder how many snack credits it will be for a Trenta.

/Oh great, now I can see it:

DISNEY ANNOUNCES NEW DINING PLAN

With the unprecedented crowds lining up at the Starbucks on Buena Vista Street, Disney Parks is proud to announce the new Starbucks Dining Plan. ; You get one counter service, one table service, and seven snack credits each day of your visit. ; Three snack credits are required to purchase any* drink on the Starbucks menu.

* hey you, the guy who got the http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/most-expensive-starbucks-drink-ever-23-60-plus-214200067.html Most expensive Starbucks drink ever, read this fine print: ; Any drink refers to a drink listed on the menu, up to size Trenta, with no additional espresso shots, and only one total flavor added. ; No extra protein powder or mixins included in the any drink offer. ; All extras are available at an extra cost to the Disney Dining Plan guest. ; Have a magical day!

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Not Timmies, but better than nothing...

Sent from my iPhone...

11. zackiedawg

When it really goes downhill: ; When the Starbucks goes on the advanced reservation system, so you have to book your coffee 11 months in advance of your stay.

12. Roger

;D

You have me laughing out loud at work Justin!

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Knowing my luck, the only ADR available will be for a triple expresso at 11pm...

14. Paul

Paul Member

I like Starbucks, so I'm happy to have another option. ; I would have been happy with just about anything other than what exists now. ;

15. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

This is Great news as I am a big Starbucks fan.

16. gary

gary Member

i wonder if my wife would insert a pic line for me for pixelmania, i could buy liter bags and just spike up a fresh one every 12 hours

17. Tim

wow. ; just wow.

18. ELinder

ELinder Member

Not a great fan of Starbucks either. I like dark roasted coffee, but I think they do it too fast and too hot, so it tastes burnt and bitter to me. If I get something, it's an Americano, espresso with hot water.

Erich

19. zackiedawg

Stranger from a strange land

I'm OK with Starbucks, even though I speak a strange and exotic language that none of their 'baristas' can understand. ; While everyone is speaking Starbuckeze, with their double-caf half-caf espresso-latte-chinos in vente doble grande size...in comes the stranger from a distant land who goes to the counter and asks for a 'large coffee'...which is greeted by an immediate cessation of all conversation in the restaurant, except for a lone cricket that somehow got inside and starts his song, and a bunch of doe-in-the-headlight stares back at the stranger who just spoke some weird unintelligble gibberish. ; One of the brave baristas tries to communicate with the stranger with the strange tongue..."lahr-jay cough-eee? ; My name is Aimee. ; Do you want frappucino? ; Vente or grande?" ; And the stranger looks at them with a raised brow, obviously not understanding their language, and trying desperately to communicate some jumble of foreign thoughts...raising his voice, he spits out his odd musical grunt again: LARGE... COFFEE!". ; And again, the doe-eyes stare back at him...while someone finally steps on that annoying cricket. ; Somehow after desperate minutes of mimery, the two sides come to an agreement, and the baristas finally settle on handing over the simplest concoction they can think of in hopes of satisfying the stranger, giving him a grande Pike Place roast. ; Luckily it seems to work, as the stranger looks relieved and his stress level drops as he eyes what appears to be what he wanted. ; And they all wipe their brows with sighs of relief as the foreigner leaves, the conversation picks up, the cricket remains are cleaned off the floor, and they all hope the strange man returns to his strange land and doesn't come back in their store again.

20. Roger

Re: Stranger from a strange land

Dude, they gave you a medium. ; Although you may not have wanted the value size above Venti.