Pixelmania 2014 dates

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Put the printer on alert. I need a medium. :)

2. Now we could PLUS it as they do in WDW....

and do an "ipad Brazilian tour group". The icon could be a person using two hands to hold up an ipad which obscures their face while wearing a Brazilian flag t shirt.

...or we could just ditch the Brazilian flag thing and do an ipad tour group theme with the same image. On the back of the shirt could be the text "Keep back 200 feet, ipad "Potografer" at work!!

~Joanie

3. ELinder

ELinder Member

The tour group idea is cool, but being from Brazil doesn't do anything for me. Now if we were a group from, say, the little know country of Timlandia, that'd be something special. :)

Erich

PolynesianMedic likes this.
  4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

You got me stumped on that one... No quality clip art that I am able find on the interwebs. And why the 200 feet? Am I being clueless here?

5. Nope not clueless.. The firemen around here sometimes wear t-shirts or have signs that say stay back 200 feet, fireman at work.

The "keep back 200 feet" for the ipad shooters is so we don't go blind from the bright light or get our view blocked.

If I could draw I'd make something up but I am not the "artiste" as they say...
    ~Joanie

6. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Are you thinking of a YeHaw Bob meet for Wednesday or Saturday night?

7. ddindy

The meet would traditionally be on Wednesday, but since our Il Mulino reservation is looking like 7:45 pm, it may be tough to get over there before he shuts down. Thursday might be an option since Epcot closes at 9 pm. Saturday, MK has EMH until midnight so that may draw people away from Bob.

I'll put it before the planning committee. I think we'd be disappointed if we didn't get to see Bob this trip. If all else fails, you can start your own impromptu meet on the night of your choice.

8. ddindy

The consensus seems to be that, due to the late dinner on Wednesday, our best chance to see Yehaa Bob will be Thursday after Epcot. Fortunately, there are usually plenty of seats available after 10 pm, which is probably as early as we would arrive.

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Do we have a reservation at
    Il Mulino yet?

10. ddindy

In the pre-meet dinner thread, you said you were taking care of it.

11. ddindy

OK, more on-the-fly planning. I've made a reservation for 10 at 5 pm at Il Mulino, so it looks like we could make it to Yehaa Bob on our traditional Wednesday night. See the pre-meet dinner thread for details.

12. ELinder

ELinder Member

Dang, crud, and other nonsense. I won't be able to make it to Pixelmania again. I have a trip to Dallas that overlaps.

I am seriously bummed. :(
    Erich

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I know how you feel... This will be the first PixelMania I will miss since it's inception... Majorly bummed...

14. ddindy

Double rats! You guys need to tell "those other people" that you have more important things to do!

Seriously, it won't be the same without you. Next year!

15. Is there a FAKE bomb threat that we could phone in to get you guys off the hook at work and back in the saddle at Pixelmania ; ))

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

If only it were that easy...

17. ELinder

ELinder Member

Yeah, I was really looking forward to going this year, especially considering the last few years the same thing happened!

18. mSummers

mSummers Member

Sorry you guys can't make it this year. Hopefully the timing will work out better for you next year

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

That's a bummer! What Michael said, maybe the Christmas timing will be better in 2015.

20. Pops

Pops Member

I am sorry to say I cannot be at Pixelmania this year. I have enjoyed making new friends and learning from many of you over the past two events. It's always been fun and has helped me increase my knowledge of Disney photography. I've been absent from the Boards since the new format but have finally found time to get back into a hobby I so much enjoy. Best wishes to all of you in attendance! Garry Rollins AKA Pops