Pixelmania 2014 dates

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Jan 27, 2014.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Like the idea too, but agree with Michael, it may just cause issues.

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

This would be great for a single person or small family who are NOT carrying any cameras. Maybe we could wear them for BirdMania or ConowingoMania...

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Updated version... Still not for groups...
    [​IMG]

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Jeff, I love the idea but agree with the others, this is not for WDW. Now if they were green or red or purple or some other color that is absolutely not used in the PhotoPass costumes, we would be a lot safer.

Alternatively, you could all buy What The Duck shirts like this one (which I already own). (Zoom in on the picture to see what the badge says.)

5. ELinder

ELinder Member

As funny as the idea is to us, there's just a bit too much potential someone else wouldn't think it's funny.

Blimey, just found out 3 days after Pixelmania I'd have to be in Dallas for an airshow weekend. The group I'll be with will have special press day access if I can join them. I'm not sure I'm up to doing both back to back. Decisions...

Erich

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Ooohhh... a credentials shirt would be really cool!

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Just to imagine what the possibilities COULD HAVE BEEN (from costs I have seen from screenprinting companies, the shirt would be cost prohibitive and could be around $50 a shirt). But anyway, here are the alternative colors suggested...

Green: but then it turns it into the Wild Africa Trek Vests.
    [​IMG]

Red
    [​IMG]

Purple
    [​IMG]

As for the Credentials, what if Aaron integrated it into the "Bandpass" cards for our actual lanyards?

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I could probably work the credentials into the bandpass design this year. Good idea.

9. gary

gary Member

remember WWND (what would nancy do?) when it comes to apparel that could be mistaken for official

10. Last year for Mickey's not so scary Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom my family and I went as a "Brazilian tour group". The Cast members LOVED it and I got to tell them that it was the scariest costume they would see all day.

[​IMG]7 Dwarfs and Us 2013 MNSSHP by Joanie Eddis-Koch, on Flickr

~Joanie

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

@joanie I love that costume...

12. ddindy

I have a couple of Brasil futbol jerseys I can bring - one for me and one to loan out. Of course, we'd need a pennant for Tim to carry that says "A Magia em Pixels" (The Magic In Pixels) and "WDW três sessenta" (WDW three sixty).

13. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

This is a good topic. The last time we did the Halloween party we were a traveling graveyard. Any ideas for a mass costume aside from this one?

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Rough idea...
    Grupo Excursão WDW Trezentos Sessenta

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Love the idea of the Brazilian Tour group! Cool mock up Jeff!

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

A better mock up with the exception of the font...
    [​IMG]

17. ddindy

OF course, to do this properly, we all have to learn how to say something like "We're not from Brazil, we do not speak Portuguese" in Portuguese. Better yet, sing it loudly and continuously. :)

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Challenge accepted and completed...

A Magia Em Pixels do Brasil!
    (The Magic in Pixels of Brazil!)

Grúpo Excursáo WDW Trezentos Sessenta
    (WDW Three Hundred Sixty Tour Group)

Nós não somos do Brasil, nem fazer nós falamos Português!
    (We are not from Brazil, nor do we speak Portuguese!)

[​IMG]

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice work Jeff!!

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I have a translator app for my iPhone that I use when working at the pharmacy (comes in very handy in a college town with a lot of foreign students).