Your most daring shot?

Discussion in 'Photography 101' started by mainstreet1997, Feb 16, 2009.

1. I think this is the best place for this thread....

Anyway, I took lots and lots of pics on my trip and I am trying to get a little more creative with my angles and what not.

[​IMG]

This is mine as I desperately try not to fall out of the train!

Lets see your most daring shots!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

A few years ago, we were walking around on the 14th floor at the Contemporary, and a panel in the wall was kind of open. When I pushed it open, it went out to the roof, so we snuck out there. We were able to look straight down into the hotel through the roof panels. So, it was kind of scary to not get caught and in possible trouble, and also kind of weird looking straight down through plexiglass panels. these are from my old 2 MP p&s.

[attachment deleted by admin]

3. goofmick

goofmick Member

That's cool!!

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Good stuff! I guess I don't really do too much daring at Disney...so I don't really have a daring shot there.

About the most daring shot I ever took at Disney would be from the top of the drop at Splash Mountain...but it didn't even come out well as I didn't meter it very well - my fear of damaging the camera at the bottom of the drop when the splashes came already had me wanting to put the camera away. This was the best I could do (I've seen others post beautiful shots from up there, but I just don't know how you could have the courage to have your camera out during the drop on that ride!!).

[attachment deleted by admin]

5. Justin,

I can comiserate. The first time I road BTMRR in the back I saw this awesome shot of the train going up the first hill in the cave with the waterfalls on both sides of the track. I went back again but as we got closer I could feel the spray and put my camera away! Has anyone ever gotten this shot?

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

My family thinks this is the most daring since I was turned around in my seat. BTMRR doesn't go that fast but is jarring.

[​IMG]

I might try that shot on the first hill next week with a 50 f/1.8. I don't think a little water will hurt a camera. I thought hanging out with Craig on top of the Contemporary was daring but not as daring as what he did. :D

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

You didn't post this under a Disney forum, soooooo.....

[​IMG]

No seatbelt.

No canopy.

Just traveling several hundred miles an hour in a 60 year old plane. They warned us about the slipstream. I almost lost my D300.

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Not exactly physically daring, but I was playing with the angle of the railing in the shot, and thought it might make this interesting. I hated the location because of the dun and shadows, but the bride wanted it there, no matter what.

[​IMG]