Yeti Captured !!!

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Chris B, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Chris B

Chris B Member

Sorry gang. ; Have not been around for a while. ; Too much overseas travel.

Just got back from a quick trip with my wife's friends to WDW. ; Decided to take my camera on Everest and attempt to capture the Yeti. ; What do you think?

[​IMG] ; [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i have never even come close to #2. ; how did you pull that one off?

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I never had the guts to have my camera in hand while on the ride, well done!

4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Tim,

I set the ISO to 6400 and manual mode. ; Shutter at 1/3 sec and f 3.5. ; When I got to that last drop in the Yeti room I aimed the camera up and hit rapid fire. ; I took about 5 frames. ; This was the best. ; The key was capturing the image during the strobe flash.

The best part was looking down at the images after the ride to see that I got the shot. ;

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

how did you focus?

6. Chris B

Chris B Member

I let the lens autofocus. ; Nothing magic on my end. ; Just lucky I guess.

7. goofmick

goofmick Member

Very cool!!

8. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Great catches. ; I guess this means we'll have to do a Yeti meet at Pixelmania!

9. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Great shots!! ; I've not been able to get him very well yet. ; I'll give your settings a try when I am there in April. ;

10. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots indeed!

11. dishippy

dishippy Member

Fantastic captures! You definitely had a bit of luck with the second lining everything up. :)

12. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Chris! ; I've tried twice to get that second shot and failed miserably both times.

13. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Nice Capture. Haven't attempted this shot yet myself.

14. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

John Frost mentioned that they are working on creating marionette Yeti right now. ; Trying to figure out which was the worst flop: ; the Yeti or Murphy, the new dragon for Disneyland Fantasmic!

15. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Did they ever fix that Dragon?

16. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

You know, I don't know. ; Like the Yeti, there were some engineering shortcomings so it couldn't handle the stresses of actually, you know, moving during a show.

I think WDI needs to hire a few engineers rather than outsourcing it. ; With the new Monorails at DL (didn't measure things right, no AC), Murphy and the Yeti, well...the track record of late isn't that spectacular.