Yacht Club Christmas Miniature Village

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Dec 20, 2011.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Finally got the chance to snap a few shots of the famous Yacht Club village set up in the lobby - I've seen it in the past, but usually when not equipped with a DSLR. ; My buddy Dave wanted to see it, so this time we went during the day and were armed with my camera. ; I'm not Mr. Macro, and only had my 18-250mm lens on board which isn't the fastest thing in the world, so I cranked up to ISO1600 and shot a few of the scenes handheld:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Justin, those are WONDERFUL. ; I can't to see it again next year. ; Might just have to be a meet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. gary

gary Member

I,ve been asking for it to be a meet for awhile, start at boardwalk and work around the lake towards a kitchen sink at beaches and cream as the cookie at the end

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'm all for that meet!

Great shots, Justin. ; A long lens is definitely the way to go with the Yacht Club display. ; Tim's shots from last year proved that to me.

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I will sign a petition for this one!

Justin, love the shot of the bridge!

6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Great shots. ; Especially like the shot of the bridge.

Thanks for sharing.

7. zackiedawg

Thanks guys...I hadn't really thought about zoom vs non, but as soon as I was there shooting it, I was glad I had a lot of focal length...it does help for getting nice tight details and taking advantage of shallow DOF.

I'm all for that meet too! ; Especially now that I've tried shooting this, and honestly was in and out pretty quickly because I didn't want to leave my buddy getting bored. ; I could have spent another 20 minutes hunting out different angles and scenes!

8. gary

gary Member

great shots justin, i think i could shoot that display for an hour a year and still be shooting new angles and such for the next 5 years

and there we go, pixelmania 2k12, first meet set already, crescent lake evening walk, nice and early say 7pm, followed by a post meet ice cream social at beaches and cream, number of kitchen sinks to be determined by number of t-mip present

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

What g-money said. ;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. zackiedawg

Works what's kept me happy, Mrs McDunnough.

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Looks like I am going to have to try to book into the boardwalk villas... ; And don't forget the Yeeha Bob meet one night..

Sent from my iPhone...

12. zackiedawg

Indeed - Tim, let us know ASAP when you've got this thing official, so I can try to book my DVC as early as I can - I might have a shot at Boardwalk this time, instead of being way out in Saratoga!

13. ELinder

ELinder Member

Crikey you guys plan far ahead. I barely know what I'm doing next week let alone next year!

Erich

14. gary

gary Member

That's because we want to be at certain resorts ahead of others. Location sealed the deal for me when I went dvc, cannot beat crescent lake for epcot/studios. My booking window opens for beach club and I'll be on the phone that am, may stay for a whole week bookending projected pixelmania with a couple of free form days each side

15. zackiedawg

Exactly. ; To be honest, I'm the opposite of an early planner. ; My trip I just took in December at Saratoga Springs was booked just a month or so out. ; In July, I booked with 1 week's notice.

But for Pixelmania, I've always ended up at OKW or Saratoga - much as I am fine with both, being in the Crescent Lake area is just better/easier for Pixelmania stuff, and others often are staying there too. ; I'd love for a change to get in there!

16. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great stuff yet again Justin! ; As for the meet, sign me up!