World Showcase - Night Ultrawide, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by zackiedawg, Feb 4, 2011.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Thanks Mickey92. ; Yep, these are long exposure shots, using a tripod of course. ; Two reasons for the nobody in frame: ; 1. this was done late, during extra magic hours night - so with World Showcase not having much open, it was quiet. ; And 2. The long exposures allow anyone in motion through the frame to simply not show up, as they ghost out during the long exposure - if they were wearing dark clothes they may disappear completely, or leave a faint streak to hint that someone passed through the shot. ; The longer you make the exposure, the more likely you can fade away any streaks.

2. Jwbaker13

Jwbaker13 Member

These are great. ; Mind if I ask which tripod you're using? ; I absolutely hate carrying them - especially in the park.

3. zackiedawg

Thank ; you JW - and welcome to the boards.

I'm not real big on carrying tripods around much either - my two solutions for that are 1. I got a light, nicely compactable tripod - currently I'm using a Slik Sprint Pro EZ, and 2. I often head into the parks earlier in the day, rent a locker, put the tripod in there, then walk around and enjoy myself - only when I'm ready that night to take some tripod shots do I go back and get my tripod out of the locker. ; If I'm lucky enough to be staying close to Epcot, I sometimes leave it in the room and go back to get it in the evening - such as when I am staying at Beach Club or Boardwalk.

4. Mickey92

Mickey92 Member

Thanks zackiedawg! What camera do you use??

5. zackiedawg

Oh, sorry...forgot to answer that one. ; I am currently shooting with a Sony DSLR-A550, used in the above shots.