"Wizardy World of Harry Potter"

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Photos' started by RedOctober25, Jun 19, 2010.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    Okay, so it is really Wizarding, but that is how supposed "big fan" and ex-gov of Illinois called it. ; Anyway this photo was in today paper showing the crowds for yesterday opening. ; There apparently were 5000 waiting at opening.

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

It is going to be a few years before I venture over there.

3. gary

gary Member

ny times report had the line 6 hours long at opening to get in. i don't care how good something is, there is no way i wait in line, in the florida sun and humidity for 6 hours for anything.i have to feel sorry for the on premises ems staff, the heat exhaustion cases treated had to number in the hundreds. esp since it's apparently been heat extreme warning for the last week in orlando, front page warning 3 days ago in the sentinel called for it to feel like 103

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Yeah..it's been extreme heat alright! ; It's hot down here. ; I wouldn't stand in line for more than 45 minutes for a Disney attraction, unless the line was air-conditioned...let alone for anything non-Disney.

It will be many many years before I see the Wizardlying place...as I have no plan to ever see it. ; No offense to those who like Universal or Harry Potter - it just isn't my thing. ; If it ain't Disney, I've got no reason to head to the Orlando area to see it.

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I don't care WHAT it is, I am not waiting in line for 6 hours for ANYTHING!! ; I had read on a forum that there were reports of the wait being at 7 hours but I couldn't find anything to confirm that last night. ; I also heard that the stores are so small that they have lines outside the stores to keep them from getting too crowded. ; I can't wait to see the fall out once the newness of this has worn out.

6. goofmick

goofmick Member

I agree with you Justin.

7. Paul

Paul Member

Planning for a visit next year, sounds like Universal has done a good job from what I have heard.

8. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I find it funny in that many people I know who have been chiding people for standing in such long lines at Universal were lamenting missing such openings as the Nemo submarine Voyage and Toy Story Midway Mania at Disneyland which easily topped topped 9+ hrs for a way for many days.

Tim was with us in Disneyland at the launch of the Nemo Subs and he knows first hand that we didn't wait in line. ; We have a very special friend (my Make-A-Wish Nephew) who got us on the ride really quick.

9. goofy101

goofy101 Member

I caught up with a friend of mine who managed ; to get into a soft opening and he said it was excellent so good that before he was due to fly home to the UK on Friday he went back, he didn't even try to get into IOA because the line were so long so he went in Universal Studio's where there were no crowds and done virtually the whole park before he and his family left for the airport. One other point he mentioned was that it was a honey pot a wand is $30, a small mug of butterbeer was $8.

10. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

But people are buying them in DROVES. ; Uni's got a hit on their hands, for sure. ; Good thing they got it open before the last two movies[nb]For now; Ms. Rowling has already hinted at reopening the cash register, I mean her creative journal to write more books[/nb] came out. ; It'll keep the crowds until at least after the last one is in theatres. ; Assuming that they don't let it decline.

11. Paul

Paul Member

I've heard that the chocolate frogs for $10 are a big hit as well.

12. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Well, we're heading there in August -- it should be nice and cool by then and the crowds should have dissipated. NOT!

Our plan is to stay at Portofino to take advantage of the fastpass or whatever they call it.

I'll report back -- with photo's, of course.

Boris

13. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Oooooh have fun!
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Paul

Paul Member

Excellent, looking forward to your report and images. ; Stay COOL!!

15. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I look forward to seeing the images as well. ; Have a great trip!

16. Grumpwurst

JK has stated in countess interviews with the press and her fan sites that she has boxes and boxes of back story jotted down for all the characters enough to write other stories that don't even involved Harry, Hermoine and Ron. ; She stated in those interviews that she had to basically write biographies for everyone who may even have a tangential involvement in the main story so that she could minimize continuity issues and feel like she knew the characters.

I know many people have begged for her to give it the Star Wars treatment and tell the story of Tom Riddle and many more have wanted a more detail accounting of Dumbeldore's past than was given in the final book including the now infamous revelation that he was gay

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Thanks for ruining it for me... Guess now there is no point to read the books :( ; ;P

18. Grumpwurst

It wasn't revealed in the books. ; It was revealed in interviews with JK after the last book was released

19. mousefan

mousefan Member

Now I'm glad that I didn't read the books or see the movies. ; I have no desire to go see this.

20. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Well, if this gives Disney some competition, that's a good thing.

I have been very surprised at all the reports about the stores being too small. ; You'd think that would have been one place they would not have sloughed on.