Why do you keep going back?

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by hulagirl, Feb 10, 2010.

1. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

I get this question alot and it's an easy answer. ; For me, it's the little moments. ; The small details. ; The happiness we always feel when we are there. The surprisingly quiet times when, in all the world..no one else is around. :) ; Even the meltdowns bring a smile (well..ok, that's a stretch but this one..I just couldn't help. ; I thought it was adorable, even though he was not so amused. ;))

[​IMG]

The moment when my oblivious son realized a really cute girl was trying to get his attention at Ol' Man Island Pool at Port Orleans..
    [​IMG]

The time my youngest son was determined that we were not going to rush to the next place as he really wanted to collect some Mickey confetti that was on the ground at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom..
    [​IMG]

Taking a class at Saratoga Springs Resort on how to make towel animals and then staying because my son didn't want to leave until we had a Disney zoo :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The way it makes him feel to get away from work and just "be"
    [​IMG]

Why do you keep going back?

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Because it's where I met my wife, proposed to her, and where we took our firstborn when he was 7 days old.

Also, one of my first "memories" is coming out of IASW at Disneyland. ; (the other two was visiting a LAFD station and the Magic Mirror from Sesame Street)

Not even 3 at the time, probably 2 and 3/4ish.

Some of the others are just the feeling of going into another world even though we're still in the real world....kind of why Fantasmic! is much better at DL than at WDW. ; (you can walk on the stage during the day...you can ride Hook's Pirate Ship or the Mark Twain.....)

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'm probably closest to the last sentiment...just to be up there and not at work and home - keep perspectives fresh and scenery changing. ; Also to relax and get away from the world a little - I often run with cellphone off up there, allowing me to be with me and whomever I choose to share company with, and not spending time gabbing, texting, or e-mailing with someone elsewhere. ; I like seeing so many different people - rich, poor, all colors, all ethnicities, various cultures, languages, shapes and sizes, religions, ages, sexes, persuasions...a true melting pot in which everyone either gets along or is too busy to worry about differences. ; I also like the luxury - so many go to Disney for family obligations, to go on rides, to entertain kids, to hit everything on their schedule to maximize their dollars...for me, the lure is to go to Disney to entertain me, do adult things, enjoy fine meals at good restaurants, enjoy relaxing night spots to chill, or have fun at bars or clubs, listen to music, use the valet, tour the resorts, enjoy the boatrides. ; Most of all, I go there to have no plan and no schedule...I do whatever comes to mind seconds before I do it, I wake whenever it is that I wake, sometimes I don't even decide what park I'm going to until a bus pulls up to the bus stop and I make a flash decision. ; That's my Disney.

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Because, its one of the few places where you can go and completely leave the real world behind. ;

Also, I love all of the little details... since I work for an architect, its my job to obsess over the smallest of details and Disney is full of them. ; No matter how many times I have seen something at WDW, I find some new detail I didn't see the last time. ;

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Because we always seem to have left over fast passes to go back and use.

(You know they never look at the date- right?)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  6. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Umm, yeah.

THEY BETTER FOR WORLD OF COLOR. ; :mad:

Along with actually figuring out how to restrict FPs to "one" per AP in an XX # of days period. ; Until at least Labor Day.

7. gary

gary Member

because i can

8. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

:D Oh COME ON Gary. ; You can do better than that. ;)

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

Good one Gary!

10. Stitch

Stitch Member

Man Gary took my answer! I was going to say because I can.

11. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Because it makes me happy.

No other reason needed.

12. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

For me, it's a combination of things. ; First and foremost, it's nostalgia. ; I'm from the generation that grew up watching Walt introduce the TV show every Sunday night. ; Looking at the Partners statue is like saying hello to an old friend. ;

The music in the parks always brings back memories of all the wonderful films.

Additionally, there's always something new, something I haven't done, someplace I haven't been, a photo I haven't taken, etc.

13. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Well, it started as a great place to take my kids when they were little. ; We got into the habit of going every year, and now it's like our vacation home (indeed, as DVC members at BCV, the "Welcome Home" is pretty accurate).

I love the surreal beauty of the place. ; The entire grounds have wonderful landscaping, the staff are friendly, and there is always as much or as little to do as one would like (no matter their age).

And, I haven't even come close to getting the photos of the place that I want. ; I'm usually in envy of the shots I see here. ; Then again, that's one of the cool things; ; I can compare my photos from one year to the next, and take measure of my progress as a photogeek.

Regards,

Boris