Who loves Disney Transportation!?

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Kiki

Kiki Member

What did you do in post production to this image? I like the effect and have an idea what you did, but not totally sure.

2. joedisney

joedisney Member

thanks! I used a program called photomatix pro. It uses multiple exposure images to create a HDR like image. Then I used the programs tone mapping feature to tweak the final exposure, I then exported it to photoshop and did a few final tweaks.

3. Kiki

Kiki Member

Nice job! Never heard of Photomatix Pro; free download? Looks great!

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

This time we've got a water mouse, resort launch, and a monorail!

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

5. Kiki

Kiki Member

Love it!

6. Craig

Monorail at sunset. I've posted this before. Its one of my favorite monorail shots.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

7. joedisney

joedisney Member

Great shots craig! I'm gonna stay at the contemporary one time so I can try these shots!! Heres one similar to yours but without that amazing sun!
    [​IMG]

8. Kiki

Kiki Member

Both monorail shots are really beautiful!!!

9. Craig

JoeDisney: Sounds like a great plan. The patio balconies at the Contemporary are a great place to sit and just watch and enjoy "The World"

Here is a resort launch at sunrise on Bay Lake at the Contemporary

10. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Ok, so it took me a little while to post it, but here it is, the Disney Magic, with the Flying Dutchman

11. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

The scale is really crazy, isn't it!?

I noticed the same on so many cruises when we docked near an old or replica sailing ship - in movies, the ships of Columbus and the British Navy look so big and formidable...until you park a modern cruise ship next to one, and then it suddenly looks like a bath toy.

For those who don't realize quite how large a modern cruise ship is...

The Nina (90 tons), Pinta (70 tons), and Santa Maria (100 tons), between 75-100 feet in length each, all could have sailed laps inside the hull of the Titanic which was over 880 feet long and gross tonnage around 50,000. So the Titanic was big, right? Well the Titanic could be dropped inside the hull of RCCL's Freedom of the Seas, with room to spare for 22 more Ninas, Pintas, or Santa Marias all around her, and then you could stack another Titanic on top (knock off the smokestacks), and hide the whole thing inside the shell of the Freedom of the Seas. Freedom of the Seas runs 1,112 feet long, 210 feet high, 126.5 feet wide, and 154,407 gross tons! Now THAT'S big! :)

Polynesian - thanks for adding that shot to the transportation list...we were definitely missing one of the biggest chunks of transportation Disney makes.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  12. gary

gary Member

here's one of mine, i think everyone who hits the beach at castaway with a camera takes the same or similar, i could probably walk you right to where you stood, i use the pilings as an impromptu tripod, they conveniently seem the right height
    i'l post some more castaway shots over in the cruise forum soon

13. mousefan

mousefan Member

I saw the Magic so I'll show my Wonder... They were on here before.

14. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Gary - you had a much brighter day on the Island then we did. It was mostly cloudy the day we were there, but absolutely amazing place Castaway Cay is! We could have stayed there for the entire trip and not been disappointed.

Mousefan - that last shot is neat! Is that the tilt-shift or whatever it's called.

15. mousefan

mousefan Member

Yeah something like that. I usually edit all my pictures one way or anther to make up for my lack of photographic skills. :'(

16. gary

gary Member

actually i was thinking lensbaby, that's very much the look you can get with one of those, it's a type of moveable focal plane lens,

17. Craig

Broken Monorail and a rescue unit on the track between TTC and Contemp. Eventually it pulled it through the contemporary to the switch and then backstage.

18. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Is it almost time for WDW to order new ones as well?

Hopefully they'll work better than DL's (which has 1 working old monorail now, and the two new ones are still having major problems, courtesy of the "we can't fit a/c in these" and "we can't have the windows open more than 1 inch because someone might jump out" crowds)

19. Craig

Here is a cropped closeup

20. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

dude that has to (STINK) if you get stuck up on there for that long... cool shot of the rescue vehicle - never saw one before.