Who and Where is Pat Pend? (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Where Am I?' started by zackiedawg, Feb 6, 2009.

1. mPower

mPower Member

Re: Who and Where is Pat Pend?

Ok, Living with the Land?

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Re: Who and Where is Pat Pend?

The color to me would either be the Coke Cool Station by TT or Club Cool (esp when it was Ice Station Cool). The hint seems to be Club Cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Ding ding ding!

It's not Club Cool...had to go a little farther west than that...one of the Innoventions was warmer, but keep headed past them to The Land.

Indeed as mPower guessed, this is in Living with the Land. As you go through the boat ride and come into the Greenhouse area, just before you go through the final exit of the greenhouse you pass between the Nasa agricultural experiments - in which plants are being grown in various weightless or centrifugal conditions and fed moisture and air pressure through PVC piping. That's THIS!

Good work, mPower.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i didnt have the slightest clue with the one.

5. mPower

mPower Member

I just did the 'go west, young man' thing and that's where I got to first. Can you post the original picture so we can see it in context? :)

6. zackiedawg

I can...but not until tonight...the original is on my home computer and I'm at work. It was already a closeup shot, which I cropped even further - but you can still see the full pipeworks for some perspective on where it is.

7. mPower

mPower Member

Cool, TYTY! :)

8. zackiedawg

BTW - Glad to know my Horace Greeley reference worked! Those don't always work with today's younger generations, so I'm never sure if I'm just dating myself with old historical references!

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

good one Justin. I would have never guessed that...

10. goofmick

goofmick Member

That was tough. Good one.

11. zackiedawg

Here's the wider shot of Pat Pend, BTW, for those who asked for it more in context!

[attachment deleted by admin]

12. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

holy smokes, never in a million years, and i have pulled some out of my netheregions. no chance on this one.

13. zackiedawg

I was really on the hunt for these on my January trip! I was getting very strange looks from my family and friends, and even some passerby, taking photos of very unusual things. Glad it at least paid off!

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Man... I can't wait to get some great WAI photos on my upcoming trip.

15. zackiedawg

That's probably one of the symptoms that Jeff Foxworthy would list in his 'You might be a TMIPer' routine:

"If your kids just jumped the fence to the gorilla enclosure and you didn't notice because you were too busy taking a telephoto shot of the wording on the backpack by the camera above the cliff face for a WAI post...You might be a TMIPer."

I'm already there...sounds like you're about to join the list!

16. BB3126

BB3126 Member

great one!!

17. Ive tried looking for WAIs this week but Im just not very good at it I thought maybe I should take a picture of a random leaf and say "okay where am I" but that would be mean LOL.