Which Moderate Resort should our family take for my birthday in January!

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by JEANYLASER, Dec 31, 2008.

?

Which Moderate Resort Should our family take for my birthday in January!

This poll will close on Jan 31, 2048 at 5:53 AM.
  1. Fort Wilderness Cabins

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Coronado Springs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Caribbean Beach

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Port Orleans Riverside

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Port Orleans French Quarter

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

Our Family wanted to stay in POFQ! Because our family Didn't stay in this hotel before!

2. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I have only been once and we stayed at GF, so I can't help...but I hope you have an awesome birthday trip!

3. amw

amw Member

Jeanylaser, I can't help either since I haven't stayed onsite before ... but, maybe for others can you give them more info?

How many people in your group? Any small children in the group? Will you have a car? etc.

Of all of those I thought POFQ sounded the most quaint ... but I like small and quiet. I've heard though that quality-wise, the moderates are not that much better than the values.

Maybe someone else can help. ; :)

4. realfam

realfam Member

i VOTED CARRIBEAN, BUT PORT ORLEANS HAS THE BOAT SHUTTLE TO DTD.
    ON THE OTHER HAND WILDERNESS LODGE HAS TO BOAT SHUTTLE TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM

TOUGH CALL, YOU NEED TO TRY THEM ALL! ; ONE AT A TIME...

5. highland3

highland3 Member

I voted for PO Riverside. ; We loved this resort, with the boat to DTD. ; I do want to go to Caribbean Beach though.

As for Coronado Springs... I really didn't care for it.

6. Csaks

Csaks Member

I second this post! Took the words right outta my mouth.

7. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Friends stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last August. Very nice.
    Although if you will be spending a lot of time at the parks why not stay at POP.
    Different vibe but if you will hardly be at he resort why not save a couple of dollars?

8. Here's a different side - with the special (pay for 4, get 3 free) why not stay at a deluxe? ; Try a monorail hotel!

9. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

we stay at Port Orleans French Quarter and we love it

10. Hi I didn't vote previously, didn't see the poll - but now I did. I voted for Fort Wilderness Cabins - my choice with small kids because ease of access to Magic Kingdom, close to Hoop Dee Doo, nightly campfires, close to Mickey's Backyard BBQ, and all the extra room for your family.

Still say - price it out. ; See what a stay at the deluxe monorail would be (Poly, Grand Floridian, or Contemporary) - on the special versus off, and get a quote at POR or POFQ or Cabins - see what you'd be saving on special. ; Then decide on amenities that best fit your family. ; (You'll likely never stay at a deluxe cheaper than you can with this special.)

Best,
    Sheila

11. GoofySteve

GoofySteve Member

My family has stayed at the CBR three times and we love it.

Now some of the rooms have been refurbished with a pirate theme.

Arh, even better matie.

Goofy Steve