which brand would you pick? Canon vs Nikon

Discussion in 'Photography 101' started by Sean&Karen, Mar 25, 2007.

?

What Digital SLR Camara would you buy?

This poll will close on Jun 23, 2044 at 6:45 PM.
  1. Canon

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Nikon

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Hey ours is already spent on WDW! (now hopefully the direct deposit comes through timely....)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. scpergj

scpergj Member

As I have seen other's say here, try them all out. I was sure that I was going to get the Canon when I picked up both the Canon and the Nikon...the Nikon fit my hand better, felt better to shoot with.

One of the ladies that I work with is looking for a good (dSLR type) digital camera to take good pictures, and she may want to really get into photography as a hobby, not just a way to take family pictures. She asked me what I had, and I told her. She asked me if I recommended my D80, and I told her absolutely...and proceeded to tell her to try the Canons, the Nikons...and the Sony's. She was shocked, sure that I was going to tell her one is better than the other. I told her the truth as I see it...at the price point we are talking about, buy the one that has the lenses you want and fits your hand (and style) the best. They all have their pros and cons...I just happened to pick Nikon (and have no regrets).

Good luck! You'll find this group a great resource!

Kevin

3. im definately going to do that. i went to imaging-resource.com and compared the sample images from the canon and the nikon. So far I like the quality of the nikon better. Canon seems to have a softness to its images - although right now I am currently taking pictures with Canon's A630 and have no complaints about the pictures I am getting. http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q121 ... ey%205-08/

i dunno. We'll have to see. And of course therse my Dad's argument -- why do you need one? :p

4. Kind of did -- the people from cnet seema to like the A200.

5. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

You really tried to open up a can of worms with the Nikon VS. cannon thing. Just kidding I'm sure you didn't mean to.

6. I find that CNET reviewers never know what they're talking about.

7. Roger

wb Kelly!

8. LOL actually I agree. Everyone pretty much loved the Canon Rebel -- except the lady in the video.

9. Thank you! How's everybody here? Hope everything is well :D

10. Roger

Doing fine now that I have a camera that focuses correctly!

11. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I like CNET. I get a lot of podcasts from them.

12. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Now that it's over a year since this topic was created, I wonder if the breakdown is still roughly the same. Nikon has made some huge strides in the past year and a half.

13. Roger

Yes, it's probably 40/40/10/10

Canon 40
    Nikon 40
    Sony 10
    Oly 10
    Sigma DNP
    Samsung DNP
    Pentax DNP

14. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Too funny Roger- looking at this old post I see I heeded this good advice but my crop camera has noot seen the outside of the bag since the D700 showed up. ::)

15. Roger

I looked at the date. How funny! Because while I have a crop camera it too is on the way out the door....because the other one has taken over!