What ya all doin' tonight?

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by hulagirl, Mar 10, 2010.

1. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

I finally have a night where no one has basketball practice, or a band or orchestra concert, or a guitar lesson, or someplace else we have to run off to. ; So...here's my night. ; Losing myself in one of my favorite very loooooooong book series, by candlelight. ; Well, not really...but I thought I'd keep trying for that flame shot (still working on it, Gary. :)) ; Too tired to even try to fix it tonight. ;

It was a beautiful day in New York today. ; Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did! :star:

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I am going to downtown Disney. ;

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

...stuck at work for the second night in a row[nb]Michael is not complaining at all. ; We have had a lot of work coming in lately while most of the firms in our area have laid off large portions of their staff because they don't have enough work to make payroll[/nb]... trying to get the drawings finished for the tenant fit out of a 45,000sf office building...

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I am eating some yummy PW chicken spaghetti DW made; all while trying to catch up from a busy busy day.

5. Settling in to watch atleast part of the Ginger Rogers/Fred Astaire marathon on TCM thats running through tomorrow morning. Ive often been told I was born about 50 years too late!

6. Paul

Paul Member

Lucky stiff!

Catching up on e-mail and perhaps watching the Magic Johnson-Larry Bird documentary on HBO

7. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Awww, sounds like everyone's got a plan. :) ; Michael, sure sounds like an interesting project, but don't work too hard! ; Roger..I so love it that you are a PW fan. ; That just makes you so cool, in my book. ;) ; Mainstreet...pass the popcorn! ; I'd watch that with you. ; Paul, I have a friend who thinks Magic is the greatest athlete who ever lived. ; I bet that documentary will be enjoyable.

Tim, if you get a chance...can you post a pic from Downtown Disney so we can all live vicariously through you? ; I can close my eyes and picture my favorite place down there...standing near the wrought iron fence looking out over the water at Saratoga Springs resort, where I have some very lovely memories....

Hope you're having a great time!

What about you, Brian? :)

8. bmitch

bmitch Member

My evening is incredibly exciting!

Half watching TV while I'm catching up on the articles that I didn't get to read while I was at work today. I know, riveting! :)

9. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

All wrapped up on the sofa, green tea, and my kindle at the ready.

10. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

:D Brian...no less riveting than half reading a book, while looking at my laptop every 5 minutes to see who else posted, while listening to Sponge Bob on tv in the background.

Jay...whatcha readin' on that Kindle? ; (I so want a Kindle). ; Green tea sounds good and I am entirely fidgety tonight. ; Off I go then. ; Tea for me too. ; I've been thinking about it ever since Michael brought it up last night.

11. Roger

What, no Fossils..dun dun dun?

12. bmitch

bmitch Member

OK, articles are over...now onto something actually useful.

Oh look, Facebook!

13. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Rub it in pal ; ;)

I had a "dudes night" with my son. ; He is 6 and since I am away for work 4 nights a week, we take one of the nights I am home and go do something together. ; Tonight was a Chuck E. Cheese night.

14. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Starting 2 new books for the week. With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa and Playing the Enemy. Got get ready for "The Pacific" this sunday and wanted to read the book behind Invictus.

15. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

:D ; Brian...there are 500 of you on Facebook. ; I'll never find you.

PM...awwww. ; What a great dad! ; At least the pizza is kinda edible and ours has a salad bar. ;)

Jason...I really want to see Invictus. ; I hear it was phenomenal. ; The other one, I will leave for you.:) ; I don't have HBO anyway...I'm sitting here with my green tea now too and I've graduated to House on the DVR. ; Great show.

16. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

I was hired by a real estate agent to photograph a house for one of her listings and for the first time ever shot in RAW...love it guys and gals!!! I was able to adjust the tones so they don't have that orangish hue and I was able to format all pics at once to the proper web pixels. I'm hooked.

Now the only problem...I have to buy a larger CF!!!

17. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

James, that is totally cool. ; You sound happy. :)

18. Roger

Ehhh, more first. ; Something about getting too large of one, putting too many eggs in one basket or something.

19. Dan

Dan Member

Oh man.. once again I get to not be like the rest of you.. I spent my might watching Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle while eating leftover pizza.

And now I'm just going through some of my older music collection looking for things that bring on interesting moods. ; I think it's time for some Bruce Hornsby. ; I've got this really cool live version of Mandolin Rain that I just love.

Songs like this are really weird.. they make me feel nostalgic for a past history that I never had. ; It's like it reminds me of these events in the past that I never actually experienced.

And now that I'm thinking about it I do a google search and find out that there's a bluegrass festival in my own city in two weeks. ; Heh, look at that. ; I am so there.

So yeah, this is what the kids would call a random night for me. ; I'm firmly opposed to such misuses of the word random, but once I take that option away I have no idea what to call nights like this.

20. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

good point Roger. I have two 4GB I use, I'll get another especially for the Disney vac coming up.