Universal Studios Orlando First Timer

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Photos' started by Nancy K, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Nancy K

Nancy K Member

We’re going to Universal Studios Orlando in May for the first time. Any advice for a couple of adults? We’re staying at Cabana, doing 2 parks(no water park), have the meal plan, refillable Mug, 4 days-2 parks, park to park, shuttle service. How’s the weather, crowds. Thank you

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

Make sure to make time for the various shows. The Frog Choir, Tales of Beedle and the Bard (Three Brothers is the best but Fountain of Fair Fourtune is good too), Celestina Warbek and the Banshees and the Blues Brothers are all worth seeing.

3. Nancy K

Nancy K Member

Thank you. I love doing shows. I’ll make sure we do. We didn’t get tickets for Blues Brothers, is at City Walk?

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

The Blues Brothers is a musical act that performs several times daily in the New York section of Universal Studios, not far from the Mummy. The Blue Man Group performs in their own theater near the Studios entrance. BMG is worth seeing as well, but be sure to take your earplugs.

As a general rule, I find Universal crowds lighter than WDW. That has changed with the Harry Potter attractions and early admission for hotel guests and AP holders. I think a view like this (taken shortly after rope drop in mid-December, 2009) is a thing of the past.

[​IMG]
    Where is everyone?

The weather in May can be fairly warm, with highs in the 80s or 90s. Rain is also a possibility.

There is a path from Cabana Bay that ends next to Margaritaville and is close to the entrance of Islands of Adventure. Just make sure to watch the signs about halfway there so you don't take a wrong turn and end up at the Royal Pacific Resort instead. It took me about 20 minutes to walk it, once I learned to avoid the unwanted detour. (Of course, if you do take the wrong turn, you end up at the water taxi dock for the Royal Pacific, which could be a good thing.)

5. Nancy K

Nancy K Member

ddindy, thank you.