Ultra Wide Angle SSE

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by WDWFigment, Aug 20, 2009.

1. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Not sure how I feel about this shot (I have one without the trash can and sign on the right...but I sort of like them included for some reason...yet I think they make it too busy...)
    [​IMG]
    Click it for Flickr!

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

Interesting angle, Tom. ; The trash can and sign don't bother me much at all. ;

3. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Thanks. ; After much thinking, I ultimately determined that I didn't like this shot with the trash can and sign in view. ; It seems like they are just crammed in, for no real compositional reason. ; I like to be more deliberate than that, usually. ; Although it was fairly popular on Flickr, you never can tell whether people genuinely like an image, or if they're just being nice. ; I will have to post the non-trash can & sign version at some point (I should've just edited them together...).

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Here's two more from my trip in January:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

^Love that starburst in the second. ; The second is just amazing all over...

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks Tom!

7. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Another:
    [​IMG]
    Clicking the picture takes you to its Flickr page, where you can view/download a large copy, view my camera settings/EXIF data, and navigate to many other WDW shots!

8. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Holy Cow, Tom! ; I do love your eye for color, that's for sure!

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

Wow! ; I really like the color in that one. ; Care to tell us how you processed that?

10. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

^That's a Golden Hour shot, so the sky is "natural" (or natural as the camera sees it) with slightly increased vibrance. ; I went warm with the white balance, which enhanced the colors on SSE. ; Increased the fill light, blacks, contrast, and clarity while decreasing the exposure in ACR. ; Opened in Photoshop and used an adjustment layer to further increase the contrast on SSE. ; Duplicated layer and used Noise Ninja, masking that out on SSE. ; Sharpened using a +1.3 LAB/Feather/USM Action. ; Added a watermark. ; All told, processing took about 10 minutes start to finish. ; If my computer were faster, it likely would've taken 7.

11. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks Tom. ; I'll have to give that a try sometime.

12. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Me too. ; Right after I get someone to translate that for me. :D

13. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

^Where are you getting hung up? ; ACR stands for Adobe Camera Raw, SSE stands for Spaceship Earth. ; The other thing I could see being confusing is the sharpening stuff...I would just ignore that (mostly because I just have all that as pre-programmed Photoshop Actions and I don't remember how to re-explain the steps I used...maybe google the terms I used? ; I've tried all sorts of sharpening for architecture (high pass, unsharp mask, and the LAB/feather/USM is BY FAR the best method I've encountered). ; Let me know if anything else needs clarification.

14. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Another UWA SSE Shot:
    [​IMG]
    Clicking the picture takes you to its Flickr page, where you can view/download a larger copy, access my EXIF data/camera settings, or navigate to my other WDW shots!

Have a great Easter Weekend, everyone!

15. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

How about an ultra-wide angle SSE, inside out - 10mm:

[​IMG]

:)

16. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

17. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

18. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Tom! ; Love the composition on the second one.