"TMIP 24"

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Jan 18, 2012.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well thank you Joanie. ; One of these days I'm sure - I go up there frequently enough that we'll cross at the same time or event - maybe Pixelmania if you make it then. ; Unfortunately, my normal January or February trip had to be canceled this year due to illness in the family - so I haven't been up there since December and may not again until May. ; But in normal times, I'd be up there every few months or so.

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I see Disneyland has added 8 more hours to this special day.

Of course, it's 8 hours of the "Main Turnstiles" attraction.

3. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Anyone know what time the monorails and/or buses will start running Wednesday morning? ;

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure Jeff, I was asking that the other night at work. ; Since I am working tonight, I will see if I can get any ideas as to what is going on.

5. For those of you still in MK at 11:30 in the morning on Feb 29th, I've made plans to meet with fellow Photogs for lunch upstairs at Columbia Harbor House. The first one there will set up a tripod on the table as a flag to let people know where to go to meet each other. Everyone is welcome so grab a lobster roll and stop on by.

~Joanie

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

That sounds like a lots of fun unfortunately I have a meeting at 12 noon that will prevent me from making the lunch. That is a shame because I would really like to have sat down and met up with a lot of you earlier in the day. But stay tuned to the twitter feeds as we will be giving periodic updates as to what is going on.

7. Tim

Is anyone interested in making a group dining reservation? Say for six or eight people? Please respond if you're interested - thank you

8. PolynesianMedic

I think it would be fun to get together with a few of us for dinner, a la Pixelmania. ; Anyone else in for it?

9. ELinder

ELinder Member

Hope you all have a great time and get some once-in-a-lifetime shots! I won't be able to make it back up there after all. (sob)

Erich

10. PolynesianMedic

Hey all, due to some unforeseen circumstances, our fearless leader Tim, is not going to be making the trip down to TMIP 24. ; I am planning on spending the night in the park, so if anyone still wants to get together, by all means please let's do it. ; For those that want to follow where I am, I will be posting my locations to my twitter @PolynesianMedic. ; Let's go have some fun!

Tim, I am sorry you had this last minute change, but you will be there with us in the spirit of the event.

11. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

I'll try to make the 11:30 meeting at Columbia house. We were planning to go there for lunch anyway :).

I wish I had twitter on my phone so I could keep up with you guys! I'll be in the park. I'm wearing red keens a reddish/peachy shirt and I'll probably have a 2 year old attached at the hip, LOL! Have fun everyone!

Tim, I'll miss meeting you!
    AJ

12. Tim

You can follow without twitter by texting FOLLOW TMIP_PIXELMANIA to 40404 and it will text you when a status update is posted. ; To cancel send two STOP messages to the same number. ;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. PolynesianMedic

Hey guys, I thought I would post a couple of my photos from the overnight hours here in case you haven't seen them on Google+ or Flickr. ; The rest of my favorites are there if you want to see the rest of them but here are a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ELinder

ELinder Member

Jeff, am I missing something? Flickr says you're no longer an active member.

Edit: Never mind, who'd a thunk you used your name instead of Polynesianmedic? :D Looking forward to seeing people's foggy castle and Haunted Mansion shots.

Erich

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool Jeff! ; I love the reflections! ;

16. goofmick

goofmick Member

Nice shots Jeff!

17. After skipping the park opening because of the heavy fog I managed about 18 hours for OMDD. I met up with Scott (Experiment_626 on the Dis boards) for a nice lunch at CHH. I got lots of great pictures during the 5 days I was down. I'm starting to process them now. This was a photography heavy trip for me with hardly any rides. I totally wore myself out this week with OMDD having a major impact. I am very happy that I did it and it was an awesome opportunity despite the fog in the mornings that hindered those sun rise shots. I got asked if I was a photo pass photographer 8 times and had 3 really great conversations with actual photo pass shooters. Fun, Fun, Fun!

Here are 2 shot's I processed so far from OMDD.

[​IMG]
    Round the Bend on the TTA feb 29 2012 by Marlton Mom, on Flickr

and my favorite from the day:

[​IMG]
    Taking down the One More Disney Day sign, 6:35 am, park closing by Marlton Mom, on Flickr

I was tempted to take pictures of all the people nodding off but I decided to skip that and heckle them awake with shout's of "That's cheating! You still have X more hours to go!!!"

18. PolynesianMedic

I got a huge kick out of how many people were sleeping on the TTA when I rode it at 03:45. ; They were all curled up on a seat or stretched across two with towels for blankets.

19. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

It is a great place to catch a quick nap!!!

20. PolynesianMedic

The cast members were being nice and allowing the people to pass on by the exit and remain on the ride.