TIMMIES!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by jbwolffiv, Oct 21, 2015.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Well I was driving home today and had to stop for my PT which is a pain, but I passed a recently closed Dunkin Donuts (it moved a half mile up the road). The old building is being renovated and there was a sign saying coming soon, TIM HORTONS!!! This is only 3 miles from home! Cannot wait!

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Lucky duck... I'm still 3-1/2 hours away from the closest Timmies.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I guess TimH and Cold Stone Creamery are in union, or Timmie's bought them - there's one of those down in Ft. Lauderdale at the Florida Panthers hockey stadium, and it comes up on the Tim Horton's store locator. So we still don't have any actual Tim Horton's anywhere near us, but I guess the Cold Stones are linked with Hortons - and sticking it in a hockey stadium made the most sense. :)

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

My closest is in St. Louis. They have one Brick and Mortar store, one inside a bank and one at the Hockey Arena downtown. But they are supposed to expand to a total of 50 storefronts over the next five years in the Midwest. So we'll see if they get any closer.

5. ayesell

ayesell Member

You guys need a trip north of the border. They are on almost every street corner.

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Just have to rub salt in that wound... Don't you...

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Literally! I remember a few years back when I was in PEI, I got to one street corner with a Timmies behind me, and I'm looking across the street waiting for the light to change, and realize I'm looking at a Timmies. I had to turn around to double-check that there was still one behind me. Yes, TWO Tim Horton's on opposite street corners from each other!