Ticket prices and Pixelmania 2022/2023

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Sep 4, 2021.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

One of the advantages of Pixelmania alternating between October and December is that one can purchase an annual pass prior to a December Pixelmania and use it for the following year's October Pixelmania.

Assuming that Pixelmania continues and occurs in December 2022 and October 2023, I looked at ticket prices for a regular ticket versus an AP.

An 8-day park hopper starting on Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022 costs $721.95 including 6.5% tax.

An Incredipass, if purchased before prices go up yet again, costs (approximately) $1383.44.

Assuming that prices don't go up before October 2023 (which we all know they will), the AP saves about $60 over two 8-day tickets.

If you choose a ticket for fewer than 8 days, you're better off buying regular tickets (not allowing for the 2023 price increase).

And of course, if you make more than two trips on the AP, you'll come out ahead.

This is the result of an idle mind on a rainy Saturday. Discussion is welcome.

Nancy AK and Tim like this.
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I’m only speaking for myself and my family, but we are very close to saying to hell with Disney, selling our DVC, and being done. This latest annual pass price increase along with paid fastpass, etc. has really put a strain on my family’s relationship with the house of the mouse and frankly I don’t care if I ever go back right now.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  3. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

We were just talking about AP vs Park Hopper Tickets. My AP expires April 29th, I’m getting 2 trips out of this AP. I’m thinking about not renewing and just buying a new AP for December 2022 and I can get 3 trips, which would be worth purchasing a new AP. And if they’re not selling new AP then we’ll just do regular tickets. There’s becoming less perks and benefits to having an AP,

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  4. I think the new breakeven point for the annual pass, versus individual tickets, is between 13 and 15 days, versus the 10 days from back in the good old days of Disney.

~Joanie

Nancy AK likes this.
  5. donsullivan

donsullivan Member

They seem to have moved things back to a model where the Annual Pass is targeted at Florida locals vs visiting out-of-state guests the way it used to be. It had devolved into a discount card for many which was never the intent of the program.

6. Tim

As a long time DVC member from New Jersey, I’m a little bit insulted that Disney doesn’t seem to care about my long-term loyalty. If they are going to pitch DVC as “ownership“, they need to do a better job of taking care of their “investors“.

Bob Chapek basically said he doesn’t give a crap about annual passholders when he said that passholders have a different “relative value to the park“ versus day guests. Conveniently, he omitted the fact that not only did we pay for our membership into the DVC, but we also pay our dues every single month.

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I’m almost tempted to take a trip down to Orlando… stay at my DVC resort… then do everything local BUT Disney (Universal, Gatorland, Cape Canaveral, etc…). And then say as much on the subsequent survey they typically send.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim likes this.
  8. Tim

Not for nothing, but what was the intent of the program? Why would they expect anyone to invest in DVC only to have to buy full price day tickets every time they go?

9. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

By buying DVC you've already showed yourself as someone with massive amounts of disposable income, which is their target audience.

Really, they need to go back to the ticket system. For $30, you get into the park. Want to ride something? Tell the Genie and he'll charge your card.

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Especially when you consider the fact that they used to include park tickets with your dvc stay (in the early years).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk