The latest on Fastpass+

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Roger, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Kevin Yee has an update with his latest thoughts/rumors/facts on Fastpass+ which is now in open beta:

http://ultimateorlando.blogspot.com/2012/12/fastpass-what-we-know-so-far-and-what.html

In a nutshell, you can reserve your FP+ weeks/months in advance
    You will get a max of 4 FP+ per day - limited to only ONE park per day.
    It appears that existing FP will be phased out (I know this is in dispute BUT Kevin's wife tweeted a pic from Fantasyland where an old FP queue's sign was changed to just "Fastpass +")
    You will only get 1 E Ticket, 2 C/D (or lesser I guess) tickets and 1 A/B/Show/Parade ticket per day. ; You can use the Disney app to make changes if you want during the day BUT it will be based on availability.

APs will get up to 20 FP+ tickets per quarter. ; I'm guessing the "average" DVC member must only stay 5 days now at a time. ; I know Disney has determined that there are now DVC members who stay at the resort but never set foot in a Disney park* during their stay.

I'm glad to see limitations placed on the use of this new FP system because I think it will finally make certain E tickets (Soarin cough cough) actually bearable in Stand-By. (I've actually never been on Soarin at Epcot, but why should I? ; It's the exact same as DCA) but I think there will be a vocal...backlash over the AP limits. ; They will probably add a DVC caveat where you will get 4 FP+ for each reserved day. ; But locals won't.

* = they apparently leave during most of the day and return with bags labeled "SeaWorld" and "Universal Studios" and are also seen running around the DVC resorts waving a resin wand and yelling Accio Horcrux! or Avada Kadavra!

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

That's interesting. ; I hope it shortens wait times as intended. ;

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I hope it turns out to be a wonderful and amazing and perfect system that helps lines for all.

Of course, I have doubts that it will, and pretty much hate it already...but I didn't say that - I'm keeping that a secret.

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Me too... They closed off the old entry path to the Haunted Mansion to make that the FP+ entry, forcing everyone else through the new cemetery. ; I don't like that at all