Sunset and Night at Coronado Springs

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Jun 14, 2011.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Pursuing a lovely meal on the last night of my trip last week, we headed over to Coronado Springs after Animal Kingdom closed at 6pm, and waited out by the lakeside bar for our 7:45pm dinner reservation at Maya Grill. ; A lovely place to watch the setting sun, and take a few sunset in-camera HDRs with my NEX mirrorless camera (a great nighttime travel companion, letting the DSLR kit rest and going light):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After dinner, I stepped back out on the lakeside for some night shots - I didn't bring a tripod, so just had to use the handrail to steady the camera for some longer exposures:

[​IMG]

Here's the Laguna Bar, where we spent that lovely time and had that lovely view:

[​IMG]

And just enjoying the high ISO handheld ability of the camera, I walked through Rix Lounge for a quick shot inside, with all those cool colors and dark atmosphere - this at ISO4000:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice shots Justin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Again Justin, wonderful. ; That second and last shot are fab!

4. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

Nice color and contrast of those dark shots. Love'em!

5. zackiedawg

Thanks all - much appreciated!

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

nice pictures! I love the last two.
    I like the looks of the bar out by the lake. I have never noticed that before. I am going to add that to my list of stuff to do up there!

7. zackiedawg

Thanks Craig. ; That's a nice little bar - relaxing hangout - it's right behind the main building, as you come in the lobby, head through the doors to the lakeside. ; Great sunset spot, and a good cooler-weather hangout too - there are also lots of tables and chairs laid out all through that area, including some nice deep seat couch chairs for looking out on the lake.