Stroller Advice

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Golfdaddy, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Golfdaddy

Golfdaddy Member

Need some help! We have a 4 yr old DD and a 2 yr old DS. We have one single stroller. We are thinking about getting a double stroller but not sure which model. We are looking for one that is light and not bulky for the flight. Any advice? We are visiting the magical world in December.

Golfdaddy

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I know what I am about to post doesn't help you in making a decision to buy a stroller, but I wanted to let you know that Disney has stroller rentals. ; Single strollers are $10 per day and Double strollers which would work for your daughter and son are $18.00 per day. ; Then Disney also has a 'Length of Stay' rental ticket where you make a one time payment for as many days of rental you need. ; By doing this single strollers are $8.00 per day and double are $16.00 per day. ; When you visit a park, you just show that reciept at the stroller rental location and then you will be given a stroller and get through the line quicker with no waiting around.

Just in case you didn't know and really didn't want to buy a stroller just for your trip.

3. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

We bought a cheap umbrella type stroller at Wal-Mart I think they had doubles also. They fold up for when you get on the bus and when it rains fold it up and turn it upside down so the seat doesn’t get wet. Later in the evening when the kids are tired you don’t have to worry about carrying them to the bus or hotel room. They were also free to transport in checked baggage at the airline (Air Transat). You can leave them behind if you don’t want to bring it home since they cost under $20.

4. bluedaisy1974

bluedaisy1974 Member

i just purchased a peg aria double...it was pretty pricey but i want something that will be very convenient for our travelling...

it is very light, only 14 pounds...folds up pretty small and has a handle on the side so you can carry it.
    it does stand up on it's own when folded, but falls over easily.

my 2 love it so far...i have a 3 year old and 20 month old and i bought it primarily because i wanted the 'baby' to be able to sleep if we're in the parks in the evenings. ; my 3 year old will never sleep in it, but he probably won't want to be in it anyway. ; but there was no way that i could expect him to walk all of that distance for even one day...

renting a stroller down there wasn't really an option for us because i'll need something to contain the children while we're travelling...i can't imagine trying to control the 2 of them in the airports. ; i also didn't like the thought of my kids sitting in a stroller that probably wasn't very clean... ; i only say this because i know how fast my kids can trash their stroller and we've had more than a few diaper leaks in those seats.

what did you come up with?

5. It's a little pricey, but why not rent a double stroller at WDW for your entire stay - you save a buck or two with multiple day rentals, and can cut the queue for stroller rentals when you change parks just by using your same name tag. ; We didn't want to buy a double stroller we wouldn't use again, so we just rented a double for our kids on our last trip, and considered it part of the vacation expense. ; It was awfully nice not having to lug it thru the airports too.

6. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

We went to WDW in Aug of '05 expecting not to need a stroller. After a couple of ours in the August heat I had my six year old on my ; on my shoulder, she just couldn't take the humidity.

We stopped by stroller rentals and book a double stroller for our whole trip. It came in handy for stowing our back backs and hydration packs. As posted previously it was great not having to line up for a stroller at different parks. Just show your receipt and your off.

Money was well spent, easy to maneuver and push. No humping strollers on and off the transportation between the parks and the resorts.
    I wondering how easy the economical strollers are to push all day?

[​IMG]

7. tinkerbell

tinkerbell Member

in my opinion it's easier to have 2 umbrella strollers than to have a double stroller. Our kids used the strollers until last year (when they were 4&6). We found a great umbroller for about $100 that had a basket, canopy and reclined-perfect for a child that will sleep in a stroller. We could then decide if we wanted to just bring one or both with us. If we were going to DTD then we'd just bring one (or none), but if we were going to MK then we'd bring both