State Fair 2011

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by ddindy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

When you go to the fair, make sure you actually take time to enjoy the fair. :) ; I returned from a food run and this is what I found:

[​IMG]
    Enjoying the fair

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

More long exposure Midway photos.

SKY Flyer Rising
    [​IMG]

For LED Ferris Wheel fun
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

That's just crazy.

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Isn't it? ; He climbed up there before the show started and this dive didn't happen until the end. ; He was up there for about an hour. ; It was windy so that platform had to be swaying the whole time. ; Too bad the sky sucked or he could have gotten some great shots of the fairgrounds from up there.

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Look who was serving TMIP go-go juice at the NYS Fair

[​IMG]

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Outstanding. ;

sent from my htc thunderbolt ;

9. gary

gary Member

wonder if they'd be interested in sponsoring pixelmania 2012, could have custom shirts with powered by tim hortons on the back, the trailer could be in the parking lot outside each park of the day, with runners supplied to bring us fresh hot or iced joe, depending on time of year. think of the promotional value to horton's when people ask what we are about and how do we do those marathon park days, we can just show them the horton's logo'd camelbaks full of that fresh jittery jolt go juice

SELL IT TO THEM TIM

10. ddindy

Over Labor Day weekend I flew to Minneapolis to visit some Disney friends who took me to the Minnesota State Fair. ; I was really impressed. ; Not only is it about twice the size of Indiana's, they take the whole fair food "on-a-stick" thing to a whole 'nother level. ; To give you an idea, I bought a T-shirt that says, on the front, "2011 Minnesota State Fair On-a-stick World Tour." ; The back of the shirt has a three-column list of everything you can eat that's served on a stick!

[​IMG]
    Healthy eating, on a stick

[​IMG]
    Mashed potatoes on a stick!

[​IMG]
    Quick, someone alert Linus!

[​IMG]
    Dairy queen

11. gary

gary Member

you need to bring that shirt to pixelmania for me to see

12. ddindy

I placed it in the "shirts to take to Pixelmania" pile as soon as I got home from MSP. :)

13. ddindy

14. ddindy

It's now 2020, and thanks to COVID-19, the Indiana State Fair has been cancelled for this year. So here's another photo from 2011.

This was taken the main street of the Indiana State Fairgrounds. It is where many of the Fair Food booths are located, including my favorite, the Indiana Pork Producers. The building on the right is the Coliseum, a depression-era product of the Works Progress Administration. It has a long history of Indianapolis hockey teams and is currently the home of the ECHL's Indy Fuel. The towering storm clouds on the horizon are not a concern; they are to the east and have already passed the fairgrounds

[​IMG]
    Indiana State Fair Main Street