Star Wars Weekends 2012

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by ddindy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Yep, Cooleo, they were there in the morning and Donald Duck and Goofy were there later in the day.

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Looks like she likes it, too.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I agree with Leo, love this last set. ; The stormtrooper with the Princess autograph book is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

A couple from the Stars of the Saga event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Ray Park was Awesome! ; I love watching him perform.

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

; he comes off as very nice in person too. ; I met him at a Chicago Comic Convention when the first GI Joe movie came out and he took the time to actually talk to his fans rather than passing them off as a quick buck. ; I still have Star Wars Weekends on my must do list in the next couple years (although it really looks like 2014) and these photos are not making the wait any better...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I did a Star Wars Weekends theme on Flickr this week.

Jedi Mickey greeting the actors at the Stars of the Saga show.
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to my park

Kit Fisto and Shaak Ti hanging out discussing the weather on Coruscant.
    [​IMG]
    Just hanging out

Remember to put the phone away - you never know who will talk by.
    [​IMG]
    Now there's something you don't see every day

I don't know who was more excited, Snig and Oopla, their little clones or the mother of the clones.
    [​IMG]
    The cloning machine worked

Two stormtroopers after enjoying a day in the park.
    [​IMG]
    "Watto" fun day!

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great stuff Dennis! ; Just gotta love the look on Snig's face, you wonder who he is making eye contact with?

10. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Those are great Dennis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. ddindy

Thanks!

I have several shots of the Snigs and Ooplas and they're all like your typical group portraits: ; everyone is looking in a different direction.

12. ddindy

A week ago I posted a bunch more photos from Star Wars Weekend to get people in the mood for the impending Star Wars Celebration VI in Orlando.

My favorite villain, Zam Wessel
    [​IMG]
    Not tonight, dear

Another villain, Asajj Ventress.
    [​IMG]
    She's bad and she knows it

Yet another villain, Aurra Sing (notice a pattern here?)
    [​IMG]
    Is this one worth it?

Jedi master Plo Koon
    [​IMG]
    Here, let me fix that exposure

No idea who she is, but she's cute.
    [​IMG]
    Mystery girl

An Imperial Navy lieutenant from the 501st Legion.
    [​IMG]
    Eyes front!

A stormtrooper mistakes my big lens for a blaster
    [​IMG]
    No blasters!

The most man with the most important job of all, piloting Jedi Mickey's X-wing.
    [​IMG]
    Red Seven standing by

Some of the voices behind the Clone Wars cartoons: ; Dee Bradley Baker (voice of the clones and Perry the Platypus), Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano) and James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi Wan Kenobi and several hundred other assorted characters).
    [​IMG]
    Parade of celebrities

A guest having fun while waiting for the parade to begin.
    [​IMG]
    Killing time, having fun

Jedi Master Shaak Ti.
    [​IMG]
    This time with flash

Is this the infamous TK-421?
    [​IMG]
    Vader's right-hand man

For most of these parade shots, I tried a new (for me) technique: ; I used the 70-200 2.8 lens wide open, mounted a four-stop ND filter and used a flash set for high-speed sync. ; I think it killed some of the worst shadows caused by the terrible sun angle while keeping the shallow depth of field of the wide aperture.

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great stuff Dennis! ; I still hold out hope each year that I may make it down for this!

14. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

ND filter, eh? ; Nice idea as it was extremely bright. ; The fill gave characters sparkle in all the right places.

15. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots indeed. ; I am really going to have to try and catch that parade this year. ; We always are busy doing the shows with the stars that are there. ; I must say that they are all very enjoyable, and loads of fun. ; That show that started with the storms troopers enjoying the park this year was awesome. ; The show with James Arnold Taylor doing all 200 of his voice impressions was incredible. ; Ray Park is always interesting, because you get to see how amazing a martial artist he really is.

16. ddindy

Thanks, guys.

Jeff, you can see all of the stage shows AND the parade in one weekend. ; Since there are no stage shows during the parade, and the shows are pretty much the same from day to day. ; So you just sacrifice the mid-day show in favor of the parade.

And I agree, the stormtrooper skit before this year's Stars of the Saga show was the best one I've seen.