SmugMug or SquareSpace or ???

Discussion in 'Photography 101' started by howeirdd, Feb 3, 2015.

1. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

I think I've reached the point where I have enough content/time to start a centralized place for my portfolio. Since so many of you have nice and established online portfolios, what are your thoughts on something like SmugMug? I would like to be able to sell some of my prints, especially since I started doing a bit of event coverage.

I am intrigued by all of the buzz around SquareSpace and was wondering if anybody had experience with that as well. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thank you!

2. gary

gary Member

I use phanfare, a division of carbonite. I am happy with it

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

I use smugmug, but can't justify the high cost of their pro subscription since I don't sell many prints. At their lower levels, you don't get to set the prices of the items, or at least you couldn't several years ago when I signed up.

The Smugmug interface is easy to use and their forums are full of great info on how to customize your site.

4. gary

gary Member

phanfare takes 15%, and while that's a nice bite, they allow you to set the price, and their all all kinds of ancillary promotionals available to sell such as mugs, calendars, cards, etc.

5. ELinder

ELinder Member

I use Zenfolio for hosting and selling my photos.

Erich