"Recent Topics" makes me crazy

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Jeff Fillmore, May 15, 2011.

1. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Tim- When I come to TMIP I usually go right for the "Recent Topics" tab. ; Lately though in about 10 seconds it flips to Page 2 and then keeps going. ; Is there a way to turn this off in my personal options or something? ; It seems like every day it flips on me right when I'm trying to click on a link. ; Small annoyance I know- just wondering because it's making me nuts (more nuts.) ; Thanks.

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Jeff, i usually go to "Recent Posts" rather than "Recent Topics", but went to it after I saw your post. ; It flipped on me after a few seconds too, but I noticed something. ; It looks like it just reordered the page from "Newest at Top" to "Newest on Bottom". ; So next time, wait the 10 seconds for it to flip, then scroll to the bottom of the list and see if the newest topiis there. ; I am betting there is a way for Tim to fix it, but in the meantime...

3. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Where is recent posts? ; I don't even see that option.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Jeff, in the upper left hand corner:

Hello Jeff Fillmore
    Show unread posts since last visit.
    Show new replies to your posts.

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Or scroll to the bottom of the main forum page, they are there as well.

6. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

That sounds like the old layout- mine looks like this now-

[​IMG]
    TMIP by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

The "hello" stuff that Roger described should be at the top left, between the "Home B&H Amazon Prints" line and the "Home Help Search..." line, and there should be a Search box at the right end of the line. ; Either something's wrong with your page, or you have a configuration option set differently from us.

[​IMG][attachimg=1]

Attached Files:

8. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Okay I figured it out. ; See the faint little arrow in the upper right corner? ; Yours is pointed up and mine is pointed down. ; Thanks all.

9. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Wow, I never noticed that. ; It's awfully hard to see.