Recent Animal Kingdom Pix

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Kiki, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Kiki

Kiki Member

DAK pix in no particular order - Hope you like 'em!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

#1) I need to spend more time in Dinoland.

#2) Love it!

#4) Love the artsy part of it

#5, #6) Love em!

#8 - where is everybody, love the gloominess of the storm overhead.

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

kiki that is an impressive series. thanks for sharing and welcome to TMIP. keep 'em coming.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Kiki

Kiki Member

Will do. Glad you like 'em. I need very little encouragement to keep snapping away since I'm down there all the time. Thanks for your kindness...

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Kiki the Tiger shot and the Everest shots are Brilliant. I love these two the most, but the rest are wonderful as well. The emptiness of the park in that shot with the street sign is amazing. I have never seen the park that way, as I am always there in the summer or one of the many "Jersey Weeks"

6. Kiki

Kiki Member

Thank you so much!

It had just rained a little and it was at the end of the day and we were in the last truck on the safari ride, so it was really empty on the way out, and quite beautiful!

7. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Wonderful pics! Thanks for sharing. :)

8. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Excellent series! Love the safari guide- and the empty streets!

9. Kiki

Kiki Member

Here's one from Saturday. These two escaped and a very perplexed CM was calling for help on her radio while they posed for me:

[​IMG]

10. PolynesianMedic

It's all about being in the right place at the right time!

11. Kiki

Kiki Member

Oh yeah!

12. Kiki

Kiki Member

13. PolynesianMedic

brilliant shots!

14. Kiki

Kiki Member

My DH loves this little tractor by the Yeti Palace Hotel sign:

[​IMG]

15. Roger

That's over where they have the leftover construction materials, right?

Another example of what makes a Disney park a Disney park rather than Six Flags over LBV.

16. Kiki

Kiki Member

Yes! It can't be stressed enough the attention to detail in the Disney parks.

It always amuses me when people complain about rides going down, long lines, or just not having the kind of day they thought they "deserved." If folks would just stop and look around at the environment that Disney creates in any of its parks - and appreciate what they see - they could have a great time EVERY time they visit the parks. We always have a great time regardless of conditions because of all the effort that has gone into every single detail.

17. Roger

Which is why DCA is where it is at today.

Detail?

18. Kiki

Kiki Member

Having never been there, I can't tell if you are being "tongue in cheek" or not. Explain-es-vous?

19. Roger

DCA is well...not even a half-a-day park really. Minimal theming (Soarin) or none in lines (like all of Paradise Pier, except for the Toy Story Mania regular version); the administration at TDA spent more money theming the shops then they did with the rest of the park. It actually reminds me a lot of going to Universal Studios - just put some rides in the middle of a "working" studio (which actually seems to be the design of the Hollywood Backlot section of the park) and voila: instant theme park.

Examples: No reason for it to be there, so the Tower of Terror Lite rises at the end of the Hollywood backlot, and you're walking at the same level of the entrance - you don't have to go through the grounds to get to the entrance. Yeah it has a lobby, but the ride is missing the 5th Dimension room - you get in on the ride shaft, you don't have to move over to it.

California Screamin - the only thing Disney about this coaster is that they put a giant Mickey behind the loop.

Hyperion theater - too obvious of the facade of the building - it barely covers the show building and it's too obvious with clear windows that show...the building.

Monsters Inc: While I don't mind the attraction, it suffers from what it arose from: Superstar Limo. It has a cheesy plywood style facade (again), no theming until you get inside, and even then, it's minimal (mostly because the original interior was supposed to be LAX!)

So hopefully it's billion plus makeover will work, but it looks like they're already cutting back. But the renovations to add The Little Mermaid (probably the best Disney dark ride since Peter Pan/HM/POTC) and retheme the area will probably work towards that goal.

20. Kiki

Kiki Member

Even Disney can have a misfire, but, overall they are right on the mark. Even though the park sounds like it's a bust - as it sits- I bet you could spend time just enjoying the architecture, atmostphere, and entertainment.

There is an aquarium south of Tampa (not sure of the exact location without looking it up) that has a Florida theme. Well, why would Florida residents, who you count on to sustain you during the off season, pay to see stuff that is all around you? We want to see exotic stuff if we are paying an entry fee. It was a major misfire, as well. Don't know what, if anything, they did about it.