Question about crowds on extended hours days

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by hockeymom3, Jan 16, 2009.

1. hockeymom3

hockeymom3 Member

Sorry if this has been covered, but are the crowds larger at the park on the day that it has the extended hours?? ; If so, maybe with 3 small kids (with a 10 day Disney base pass) I should stay away from the park that has the extra hours if the other ones are less crowded because of this.

Any opinions on this?? ; Is there no difference??

Thanks!!

2. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

The park with extra magic hours are definately more crowded that day. With smaller kids it's probably not worth doing that park on that day. What I do is usually go to the park with morning magic hour then leave for another park later in the day. Evening extra magic hours are good if you can outwait the crowds the last hour or two of the night are great. Again with three small kids I think your best just to avoid those parks on that day. By the way according to the Unofficial Guide the least crowded park is usually the one that had morning magic hour the day before.

3. with a base ticket, you can't park hop - but the joys of a ph and staying at the monorail is that you can go early when it's an early admission, snag a few rides, then leave and head back to your hotel for a rest when the crowd gets bad by lunch - my advice would be to think about upgrading to a ph pass so you can make the most of your time there, and/or avoid the crowds in the morning day if you're only visiting one park a day and presuming you're going to spend your entire day at one and only one park...

4. hockeymom3

hockeymom3 Member

Thanks for the great advice!! ; I think I am going to go with the "day after the park has its extra hours" route - it sounds very logical - which I guess is why I never thought of it....he he!!! ;